Water leak on passenger side...coming from a black box area?

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

AmuletOfNight

Hello, I just noticed yesterday that the floor underneath my passenger side floormat was extremely wet...I investigated it today and it looks like the water is coming from some sort of black box underneath the dash...here's a picture:

pntQPWU.jpg

Thats the area right beneath the glovebox, underneath the carpet

Anybody have any idea where this leak could be coming from?

mark95man

From the information given, I have no idea what year or which MKZ model you have.

If it's old, could be a failed seal. Or a drainage hole blocked on the A/C system. Does it leak only after a rain storm? Or just when using the A/C?

durasel

The leak is the A/C drain going thru the firewall.
Silicon caulk around the outside drain coming thru the firewall should solve the problem.
I did mine for a preventative measure.
Ford has had the same problem since at least 1998 on their Taurus/Sable models too.
Ask me how I know.

George46

Hello, I just noticed yesterday that the floor underneath my passenger side floormat was extremely wet...I investigated it today and it looks like the water is coming from some sort of black box underneath the dash...here's a picture:

pntQPWU.jpg

What year vehicle. Did you ever figure it out. I have a 2009 mkx with a passenger side water leak also. Please let me know. imabroker@aol.com

G-765355

pntQPWU.jpg

I have the same problem with my 2016 mkz did u figure anything out yet?