Washer Dash Light

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

jkeaton

Aug 1, 2019
Winston Salem, NC
My Lincoln
2013 MKS
As stated, the light comes on when the fluid level is low. If it is full and the light comes on. the sensor is probably dirty, hung up or defective. Will require further troubleshooting.

Babyburr

Sep 18, 2020
That’s what I was hoping it was. It works fine but the light has started to come on after I drive a few miles.
Thanks for your answers.

bbf2530

Oct 12, 2011
Does this mean it needs filled up or something else? It still sprays water on windshield.

Hi Babyburr. As others have stated, the light comes on when the washer reservoir is low (well before it is empty). Therefore, odds are it simply needs refilling.

If refilling the reservoir does not get rid of the light, then you have a sensor or other wiring/electrical issue.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

dave42

Jul 6, 2015
Leander, TX C.K.U.
At least it is spraying. Mine quit and I fixed it by rapping the pump with a screwdriver handle. Worked for a year or two then did it again. Rapped again. Couple years later, again. When it quit again after just a couple months I decided to splurge the ten bucks for a new pump. :)

Babyburr

Sep 18, 2020
Good news! It just needed a fill up. No ding and no dash light.
YeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaa!🤪

ToodyTah

Mar 13, 2022
Phoenix, AZ
My Lincoln
2007 Town Car Signature Limited
This thread was too funy. Thanks for the chuckle, @Babyburr.

Babyburr

Sep 18, 2020
Why was it too funny? I was askeered!

Babyburr

Sep 18, 2020
Oh, yeah. That’s hilarious. Could have been the washer fluid motor. I see what you mean. I’m laughing so hard my ribs are starting to ache. I’m going out to the car right now and check it over so I can find some more too funny stuff for your viewing pleasure. I sure hope I can find something. I want to make your day a much more funny time.