Washboard Road Feel

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

jhnjohnp

Hi jhnjohnp. Yes, I'm pretty sure they did not say they are "selling like hotcakes" either. ;)
Those were my rhetorical quotes, obviously. But everyone will hopefully get the point. And unless Arnott provides sales numbers on how many MKZ specific shocks have been sold, "back logged on some components-unable to fill orders" can mean a lot of things.
I have heard of no one, not a single MKZ owner (or Continental/Fusion), buying Arnott shocks for their MKZ. And that is on 7 MKZ/Lincoln/Fusion centric forums I participate in. And the reality is, at least up until now, neither have you....correct? So I'm unsure where all those Arnott shocks are flying off the shelves to.
I actually wish we lived closer to each other, so we could drive each others MKZ's and see exactly what you are describing, in comparison to my MKZ.

And if there was a widespread issue (at least something more than two owners), I would be the first to stand beside you and call for a solution.

I will say this: The only reason I hope I am correct is not just to be right, but because my point of view means there are many more happy owners of MKZ's than unhappy ones. And I assume you would feel the same way, since it does not solve your problem, and makes your problem no easier to handle to imagine more unhappy MKZ owners.

I would use the analogy of a person who is ill: Finding reasons to believe many others are also ill with the same disease provides no cure to that sick person and makes the illness no easier to get through for that sick person.

As soon as I see more evidence of more MKZ owners complaining of a similar suspension issue (more than 2 here), I will certainly feel it may be more widespread, as you believe. Until then, all the non-anecdotal evidence points to this issue being very limited.
A theory is a theory. And evidence is evidence. And there is no evidence yet of a widespread problem.

And obviously, for the sake of other MKZ owners, I hope it stays a limited problem. I'm sure you do to, since having more sick people in beds next to you does not help cure you.

I hope you understand I am not trying to argue with you, only put things in a proper context. And obviously, no matter how much we discuss this, I realize I am not going to change your opinion. However, I also hope just as strongly that you and JWR can find a satisfactory resolution for your problems.

Until then, I certainly commiserate with your plight. ;)

Peace and good luck to you too, jhnjohnp.
OK bbf thanks. I do want to point out Arnott's solution is fairly new, so maybe that's why you not aware of it. As I mentioned before I have found a half a-- cure by detaching the rear ride hide sensors at the control arm, and that more or less caused the shocks to dampen equally, which dramatically reduced the rolling side to side all without causing a fault code. It's not perfect, but I'm happy, I no longer wobble down the road which was my main complaint. Just a suggestion for those of you still in doubt and want to end your misery, stay away from Strutmasters, go Arnott struts/shocks with simulation resistors to keep the drive control computer happy for $720 plus tax, shipping, and install if you can't DIY. Arnott fix is only good for 2013 thru 2016 MKZs. Been working on my cars for over 50 years, and got a good feeling about them, if that counts for anything. Good luck.

Last edited:

bbf2530

OK bbf thanks. I do want to point out Arnott's solution is fairly new, so maybe that's why you not aware of it. As I mentioned before I have found a half a-- cure by detaching the rear ride hide sensors at the control arm, and that more or less caused the shocks to dampen equally, which dramatically reduced the rolling side to side all without causing a fault code. It's not perfect, but I'm happy, I no longer wobble down the road which was my main complaint. Just a suggestion for those of you still in doubt and want to end your misery, stay away from Strutmasters, go Arnott struts/shocks with simulation resistors to keep the drive control computer happy for $720 plus tax, shipping, and install if you can't DIY. Arnott fix is only good for 2013 thru 2016 MKZs. Been working on my cars for over 50 years, and got a good feeling about them, if that counts for anything. Good luck.

Hi jhnjohnp. lol...I did not say I was not familiar with the Arnott, Strutmaster and other aftermarket shocks. In fact, I knew of them before you ever mentioned them in this thread. I said there is no widespread use of them ever being mentioned by other MKZ or Continental (or Fusion) owners. And no widespread mention of this same issue you have. And I don't include JWR there, because in fact, what JWR describes is basically a more sensitive ride, where he feels every small road imperfection and pebble, which is fundamentally different than the undulating ride you are feeling. Yours seems to be more of a Dynamic Ride Control issue/defect in your particular MKZ. But we don't need to re-examine that here.

The following information I only add because you stated that you have "Been working on my cars for over 50 years, and got a good feeling about them": Of course that counts for something. :) And like you, I have been working on my cars for a similar amount of time. I will also point out that in addition to being a member here on the Lincoln Forums, I am also an MKZ owner (2 of them), have been following this thread since Day 1, and been a participant (trying to help) from page 1. So I am very familiar with the situations and posts of both you, JWR (the OP) and others.
I also keep up with most things automotive, am a contributing member on at least 7 different MKZ/Lincoln/Fusion/Ford forums, and a Moderator on 4 of them.
So like you, I've been around. ;)
I also realize all of what I just posted, plus a few bucks, will get me a cup of coffee at Starbucks. 🙃

I truly do hope you can find a solution for your ride/suspension concerns. And your information may certainly help others, so discussion is always good.

Keep us updated and good luck.

Last edited:

jhnjohnp

Hi jhnjohn. lol...I did not say I was not familiar with the Arnott, Strutmaster and other aftermarket shocks. In fact, I knew of them before you ever mentioned them in this thread. I said there is no widespread use of them ever being mentioned by other MKZ or Continental (or Fusion) owners. And no widespread mention of this same issue you have. And I don't include JWR there, becuase in fact, what JWR describes is basically a more sensitive ride, where he feels every small road imperfection and pebble, which is fundamentally different than the undulating ride you are feeling. Yours seems to be more of a Dynamic Ride Control issue/defect in your particular MKZ. But we don't need to re-examine that here.

The following information I only add because you stated that you have "Been working on my cars for over 50 years, and got a good feeling about them": Of course that counts for something. :) And like you, I have been working on my cars for a similar amount of time. I will also point out that in addition to being a member here on the Lincoln Forums, I am also an MKZ owner (2 of them), have been following this thread since Day 1, and been a participant (trying to help) from page 1. So I am very familiar with the situations and posts of both you, JWR (the OP) and others.
I also keep up with most things automotive, am a contributing member on at least 7 different MKZ/Lincoln/Fusion/Ford forums, and a Moderator on 4 of them.
So like you, I've been around. ;)
I also realize all of what i just posted, plus a few bucks, will get me a cup of coffee at Starbucks. 🙃

I truly do hope you can find a solution for your ride/suspension concerns. And your information may certainly help others, so discussion is always good.

Keep us updated and good luck.
Well, OK then. No further updates for now, as I said I'm happy with my fix, and the ride is satisfactory. To be accurate, make that 4 MKZs I drove with the undulating ride. and everyone had a floppy left rear shock.
Take care.

jhnjohnp

I have a question. Personally I'm not sure if any Lincoln Drive Control problems are wide spread or limited to a small number of cars. If the latter, I wonder why companies like Arnott, and Strutmasters would go to the expense of developing, and selling an after market product to convert Ford's CCD suspension to a passive type? Strange business inconsistency. Arnott appears to be a competent Co., because they claim to be a global leader and innovator in aftermarket air suspension products for over 30 years, and have a 20 acre mfg. facility and research and development center in Merritt Island, Florida, as well as facilities in Canada and Europe. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

bbf2530

I have a question. Personally I'm not sure if any Lincoln Drive Control problems are wide spread or limited to a small number of cars. If the latter, I wonder why companies like Arnott, and Strutmasters would go to the expense of developing, and selling an after market product to convert Ford's CCD suspension to a passive type? Strange business inconsistency. Arnott appears to be a competent Co., because they claim to be a global leader and innovator in aftermarket air suspension products for over 30 years, and have a 20 acre mfg. facility and research and development center in Merritt Island, Florida, as well as facilities in Canada and Europe. Any thoughts?

Hi jhnjohnjp. My thoughts...Short story. Take a look here: Arnott | The #1 Global Leader in Air Ride Suspension

They make lots of parts for many brands and makes of vehicles (31, according to their website). Does that mean every or most or any parts they make are for a "wide spread" issue for any/all those brands and makes of vehicles? Of course not. So it is not a "Strange business inconsistency" at all.

Generally speaking: The the absence of evidence that something is true or has occurred, is normally considered to be compelling evidence that it is not true or occurred. At least until evidence can be established otherwise.

How many have they sold? Rhetorical question of course, since they most likely do not release sales numbers. The reason they go through the expense is because they feel they can make money off of those who decide to use their product. Some owners don't like the complexity of the "CCD suspension". Some owners bought the MKZ thinking it would have a more traditional "Lincoln ride" like a Town Car, when it does not and will not.

Company advertising claims in marketing literature are not exactly proof of anything concerning the MKZ.
For example...their "20 acre mfg. facility and research and development center in Merritt Island, Florida" is certainly not dedicated to one product. So it is actually rather irrelevant.
Hypothetically (and jokingly of course), that marketing blurb you mentioned could just as easily be read as...there is a guy with 20 acres of land on Merritt Island FL, with a 20x20 shed where he makes car parts. ;)
What they are is a company that makes automotive suspension parts.

And as you previously mentioned, Arnott does not even make a shock for the 2017+ MKZ's. So in actuality, this is all a moot point, at least until they decide to make a shock for the 2017+ models (i.e. for a discontinued platform).

What we know is: To this point, you are the only individual here on the Lincoln Forums to complain of the specific issue you feel your MKZ has. That goes for here on the Lincoln Forums, or on any other automotive forum I participate in.

In fact, as previously mentioned, even the OP's (JWR) complaint is not the same as yours. His issue is simply that the ride is not soft/cushy enough for him and that he can feel every pebble in the road. And new tires did a great deal to alleviate his complaint (but full disclosure, did not fully cure it). That is very different than your issue.
So up to this point, your MKZ is a relative anomaly. The exception, not the norm.
That being said, I still believe you that something is wrong with your MKZ. And yes, I would not be surprised if there are some others out there with your issue. However, one (or a few cars) with an issue does not transfer over to all, most or even many MKZ's.

I have to be honest. While I am 100% sympathetic to your problem, and hope you can find a solution (preferably by Lincoln under warranty), I am not sure why it would make you feel better if it is a widespread problem. Especially when there is no evidence to back that feeling.

When I am sick, I it doesn't make me feel better to know others are sick too, so I don't wish it on them.

Those are my thoughts.

I still hope you can find a solution to your suspension issues, keep us updated and good luck.

Last edited:

jhnjohnp

Hi jhnjohnjp. My thoughts...Short story. Take a look here: Arnott | The #1 Global Leader in Air Ride Suspension

They make lots of parts for many brands and makes of vehicles (31, according to their website). Does that mean every or most or any parts they make are for a "wide spread" issue for any/all those brands and makes of vehicles? Of course not. So it is not a "Strange business inconsistency" at all.

Generally speaking: The the absence of evidence that something is true or has occurred, is normally considered to be compelling evidence that it is not true or occurred. At least until evidence can be established otherwise.

How many have they sold? Rhetorical question of course, since they most likely do not release sales numbers. The reason they go through the expense is because they feel they can make money off of those who decide to use their product. Some owners don't like the complexity of the "CCD suspension". Some owners bought the MKZ thinking it would have a more traditional "Lincoln ride" like a Town Car, when it does not and will not.

Company advertising claims in marketing literature are not exactly proof of anything concerning the MKZ.
For example...their "20 acre mfg. facility and research and development center in Merritt Island, Florida" is certainly not dedicated to one product. So it is actually rather irrelevant.
Hypothetically (and jokingly of course), that marketing blurb you mentioned could just as easily be read as...there is a guy with 20 acres of land on Merritt Island FL, with a 20x20 shed where he makes car parts. ;)
What they are is a company that makes automotive suspension parts.

And as you previously mentioned, Arnott does not even make a shock for the 2017+ MKZ's. So in actuality, this is all a moot point, at least until they decide to make a shock for the 2017+ models (i.e. for a discontinued platform).

What we know is: To this point, you are the only individual here on the Lincoln Forums to complain of the specific issue you feel your MKZ has. That goes for here on the Lincoln Forums, or on any other automotive forum I participate in.

In fact, as previously mentioned, even the OP's (JWR) complaint is not the same as yours. His issue is simply that the ride is not soft/cushy enough for him and that he can feel every pebble in the road. And new tires did a great deal to alleviate his complaint (but full disclosure, did not fully cure it). That is very different than your issue.
So up to this point, your MKZ is a relative anomaly. The exception, not the norm.
That being said, I still believe you that something is wrong with your MKZ. And yes, I would not be surprised if there are some others out there with your issue. However, one (or a few cars) with an issue does not transfer over to all, most or even many MKZ's.

I have to be honest. While I am 100% sympathetic to your problem, and hope you can find a solution (preferably by Lincoln under warranty), I am not sure why it would make you feel better if it is a widespread problem. Especially when there is no evidence to back that feeling.

When I am sick, I it doesn't make me feel better to know others are sick too, so I don't wish it on them.

Those are my thoughts.

I still hope you can find a solution to your suspension issues, keep us updated and good luck.
I did find a solution to my problem, told you before, and it's the Lincoln Drive Control, no doubt about it, I isolated the problem, cut it out, and the car rides much better, much better. In fact it's not the same car, the roads don't fee like the same roads, it's great, I no longer am so disappointed getting behind the wheel of my MKZ. I must add this is not a permanent solution, screwing with the system is not the best option, and may replace the rear shocks to safely take drive control out of the equation. You have to consider this complex system, or disease as JWR aptly put it, can manifest it's shortfalls in different ways such as my unstable ride, and JWR's pebble feel, or just a coarse sub par very undesirable ride. Also, I said Arnott's solution is for years 2013 thru 2016, Ford did change the 2017 and beyond suspension to make it more compliant, and I think their effort failed due to complaints about those model years too, so give Arnott some time to catch up. As far as sales go, I ck'd different auto parts sites randomly, and sometimes parts are avlb, back ordered, 1 day delay, etc, sellers are looking for supply, this is a new product by Arnott, and lately it appears supply is beginning to catch up with demand. I don't feel happy it's a wide spread problem, only suggesting to you, it's not a small isolated one. It's not the tires, it was mentioned there was some improvement when replaced, but the problem was still there. FYI, the OEM Michelin's took the ride and bumps hard, and the General Altimax RT43s I replaced them with handle just as well with a more cushioned ride. Count yourself lucky your 2 ride well, cause on second thought I believe there are other unhappy MKZ owners out there, a lot of them. Say what you want, we don't see eye to eye, but still a friendly view.
Take care.

Last edited:

bbf2530

I did find a solution to my problem, told you before, and it's the Lincoln Drive Control, no doubt about it, I isolated the problem, cut it out, and the car rides much better, much better. In fact it's not the same car, the roads don't fee like the same roads, it's great, I no longer am so disappointed getting behind the wheel of my MKZ. I must add this is not a permanent solution, screwing with the system is not the best option, and may replace the rear shocks to safely take drive control out of the equation. You have to consider this complex system, or disease as JWR aptly put it, can manifest it's shortfalls in different ways such as my unstable ride, and JWR's pebble feel, or just a coarse sub par very undesirable ride. Also, I said Arnott's solution is for years 2013 thru 2016, Ford did change the 2017 and beyond suspension to make it more compliant, and I think their effort failed due to complaints about those model years too, so give Arnott some time to catch up. As far as sales go, I ck'd different auto parts sites randomly, and sometimes parts are avlb, back ordered, 1 day delay, etc, sellers are looking for supply, this is a new product by Arnott, and lately it appears supply is beginning to catch up with demand. I don't feel happy it's a wide spread problem, only suggesting to you, it's not a small isolated one. It's not the tires, it was mentioned there was some improvement when replaced, but the problem was still there. FYI, the OEM Michelin's took the ride and bumps hard, and the General Altimax RT43s I replaced them with handle just as well with a more cushioned ride. Count yourself lucky your 2 ride well, cause on second thought I believe there are other unhappy MKZ owners out there, a lot of them. Say what you want, we don't see eye to eye, but still a friendly view.
Take care.

Hi jhnjohnp. I certainly have "considered" everything. My previous reply addressed every single one of your points above, in detail. However, your replies do not address my points, and in fact, have a few major errors. I wish you would give me the courtesy of reading my replies as carefully as I read yours. ;)

But putting that aside:

Our disagreement lies in the fact that you feel, and keep stating, that your issue is a widespread issue. There is no evidence to support that opinion. No one else on this forum has complained about this issue here, other than you and maybe JWR (although his ride complaint is different).
I just looked back through the entire thread, and only two others make vague references to ride issues, with little to no additional information, other than their cars ride a little rough or harsh. Neither compalins of what could be considered a shock failure issue. And some of what they complain about can possibly be attributed to the wrong expectations of how an MKZ would ride as compared to older Lincolns. But it is impossible to determine that over the Internet.

Some of them, like you, were riding around on tires with 50,000-60,000 miles on them. Jeez...of course the ride is rough...lol
Yes, yes, I know you finally replaced the tires and feel you still have the issue.

And I have already stated that I believe your MKZ has an issue, and that I am sure there may be some others out the with the same issue. However, there is zero evidence to back the "widespread" or "many owners" opinion, if not many owners are complaining about it.
Some? Yes of course. Many or widespread? No. Zero evidence of that.

And again, does the fact that Arnott makes suspension parts for 31+ other makes of vehicle mean all those brands have ride faults and suspension part defects? No, of course not.

But I always try to keep an open mind, so to check this, I called Arnott and asked about several different parts for several other makes vehicles. And I was told they are short of supply and on back-order for all of them. When I asked why, they told me it is because of shipping delays and the pandemic induced shortages of all parts, commodities, raw materials etc. And when I asked about their 2013-2016 MKZ shocks, the rep stated the same thing. Not available due to parts shortage. Not because they are selling tons of them to MKZ owners, but because they are having troubles getting parts and materials in for all their products, any make, any brand, any model.

Once again, I believe you have some sort of issue with your MKZ. And if some sort of evidence is shown that more than a few/small percentage owners have this issue, I will be more than happy to join you in the chorus of it being a more widespread problem.

Until then , yes we will not see eye to eye. But that is okay, it is still a free country. And I too appreciate everything being kept friendly and polite.

Oh, and I just wanted to add that my 2007 MKZ was pre "ride control". Just old fashioned shocks/struts. Only my 2018 MKZ has it. And the 2018 rides far better than the 2007 ever did. But of course it should, if for no other reason than being 11 years younger. ;)

I hope you can find a permanent solution to your problem and fully enjoy your MKZ. Good luck.

Last edited:

jhnjohnp

Hi jhnjohnp. I certainly have "considered" everything. My previous reply addressed every single one of your points above, in detail. However, your replies do not address my points, and in fact, have a few major errors. I wish you would give me the courtesy of reading my replies as carefully as I read yours. ;)

But putting that aside:

Our disagreement lies in the fact that you feel, and keep stating, that your issue is a widespread issue. There is no evidence to support that opinion. No one else on this forum has complained about this issue here, other than you and maybe JWR (although his ride complaint is different).
I just looked back through the entire thread, and only two others make vague references to ride issues, with little to no additional information, other than their cars ride a little rough or harsh. Neither compalins of what could be considered a shock failure issue. And some of what they complain about can possibly be attributed to the wrong expectations of how an MKZ would ride as compared to older Lincolns. But it is impossible to determine that over the Internet.

Some of them, like you, were riding around on tires with 50,000-60,000 miles on them. Jeez...of course the ride is rough...lol
Yes, yes, I know you finally replaced the tires and feel you still have the issue.

And I have already stated that I believe your MKZ has an issue, and that I am sure there may be some others out the with the same issue. However, there is zero evidence to back the "widespread" or "many owners" opinion, if not many owners are complaining about it.
Some? Yes of course. Many or widespread? No. Zero evidence of that.

And again, does the fact that Arnott makes suspension parts for 31+ other makes of vehicle mean all those brands have ride faults and suspension part defects? No, of course not.

But I always try to keep an open mind, so to check this, I called Arnott and asked about several different parts for several other makes vehicles. And I was told they are short of supply and on back-order for all of them. When I asked why, they told me it is because of shipping delays and the pandemic induced shortages of all parts, commodities, raw materials etc. And when I asked about their 2013-2016 MKZ shocks, the rep stated the same thing. Not available due to parts shortage. Not because they are selling tons of them to MKZ owners, but because they are having troubles getting parts and materials in for all their products, any make, any brand, any model.

Once again, I believe you have some sort of issue with your MKZ. And if some sort of evidence is shown that more than a few/small percentage owners have this issue, I will be more than happy to join you in the chorus of it being a more widespread problem.

Until then , yes we will not see eye to eye. But that is okay, it is still a free country. And I too appreciate everything being kept friendly and polite.

Oh, and I just wanted to add that my 2007 MKZ was pre "ride control". Just old fashioned shocks/struts. Only my 2018 MKZ has it. And the 2018 rides far better than the 2007 ever did. But of course it should, if for no other reason than being 11 years younger. ;)

I hope you can find a permanent solution to your problem and fully enjoy your MKZ. Good luck.
OK, no more speculating on whether this Drive Control issue is or is not wide spread. My discussion on this thread will be limited to my experience with my car, and other information I come across which might be helpful to our members. Lets start. I did mention I had an issue with the steering, found a shop that did a good alignment, steering is now OK. Other problem was left rear shock running weaker than the right, causing the car to roll side to side, sometimes dramatically. Here's what I tried, what worked and didn't work.
1. Replaced tires with General Altimax RT43s, did not correct problem, but gave me a less harsh ride.
2. Replaced both rear shocks with Ford OEM, no good, problem still there.
3. Disconnected left and right rear ride height sensors at the lower control arm, Bingo, problem gone. Car rides pretty good. I don't advz anyone doing this because of the complexity of the drive control system, have no idea how long this fix will be effective, or if it could cause other problems down the road.
Hope this helps.

Multitask

Los Angeles, Calif
\
3. Disconnected left and right rear ride height sensors at the lower control arm, Bingo, problem gone. Car rides pretty good. I don't advz anyone doing this because of the complexity of the drive control system, have no idea how long this fix will be effective, or if it could cause other problems down the road.
Hope this helps.

Makes me wonder if someone has thought about making a 'defeat' for that... rather than unplug it, put in something that just turns it off. 8)

jhnjohnp

Makes me wonder if someone has thought about making a 'defeat' for that... rather than unplug it, put in something that just turns it off. 8)
Check the image below of a ride height sensor, it's close enough. If you unplug it from the system you get a fault error.

1636074668939.jpeg
The ride height sensor is the upper portion attached to the chassis, followed by the linkage, which is attached to the lower control arm. Any changes in the ride height causes the sensor to move sending info to the drive control computer which in turn instructs the CCD for more or less dampening. I merely unbolted the linkage from the control arm, tie wrapped the linkage to an above bar, which effectively takes out the ride height sensor, but still leaves it electronically connected. Both of my rear shocks now dampen equally, no more rolling, but not sure of the long term outcome due to some rattling noise in one of the shocks. There is currently no bypass {defeat} for the MKZ RH sensor.

Last edited:

jhnjohnp

I'm talking about a electronic fix for that, something that fools the system into thinking it is on but it is not.. or something like that. 8)
Should have explained bypass in this instance means an electronic fix, and only bypass option for the MKZ suspension (2013 thru 16) I'm aware of is the Arnott replacement strut/shock with by pass resistor to fool the system into thinking the original OEM electronic shock is still there.

Last edited:

jhnjohnp

Just want to make it clear, although my fix has corrected one problem, I do have some noise coming from one of the shocks. It may be as simple as a loose bolt, don't know, will have to check it out. At any rate, if things don't work out, I still have the option of installing after market shocks with shock simulating resistors to fool the drive control system into "thinking" the OEM electronic shocks are still in place.

Last edited:

jhnjohnp

Update on detaching rear ride height sensors from control arm. Noise coming from shock absorber was due to lose left rear shock mount where it fastens to the shock piston rod. If it happens again will have to replace the single nylon lock nut. Neutralizing the rear ride height sensors has effectively changed my shocks from CCD to passive dampening, without a drive control error, no apparent damage to the shocks, and still able to select comfort, normal, sport settings. Rolling and pitching side to side has been greatly reduced.

batchman

I'm late to the party here, and glad you've found something that works, but your cure sounds to me like proof the first rule of dealing with automation - verify the inputs.

In hindsight it seems like the dealer should have logged what the suspension controller was receiving, to try and see what IT thought was happening.

Best,
- Jeff

jhnjohnp

More like controllers. Looks like today's cars have become rolling computer networks with up to 100 interconnected computers, accompanied by 60 to 100 electronic sensors, and over 100 million lines of computer code. Now, what could go wrong? My dealer was unable to deal with a trunk leak, where I pointed out the exact location, and ended up fixing myself. No Thanks. My fix is simple, doesn't upset the apple cart, can be reversed to avoid warranty problems, and quitting while I'm ahead. I really appreciate you and other members of this discussion for the knowledge I've gained on CCD suspensions without which I could not have come up with some sort of solution.
PS. For the founder of this thread, JWR, been thinking maybe this drive control also includes speed sensing which might explain why his problem occurs at anything under 50mph. Considering JWR's dealer inabiliy to correct the problem, and dealer's service manager having the same problem, I would go with aftermarket struts/shocks with simulating resistors to keep drive control happy.

Last edited: