Warning lights

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

frustrated 101

I have a problem with the stability control fualt light and the satbility control off light along with the front airbag, ABS, and blind spot monitoring off light appear every morning and then it's a crap shoot through the rest of the day as to whether they will illuminate or not. I have plugged in my OBD2 and there are no codes populating.

bbf2530

I have a problem with the stability control fualt light and the satbility control off light along with the front airbag, ABS, and blind spot monitoring off light appear every morning and then it's a crap shoot through the rest of the day as to whether they will illuminate or not. I have plugged in my OBD2 and there are no codes populating.

Hi frustrated. A little information about your MKZ may help. What model year? Engine? How long have you owned it? How old is the battery?

In situations like this, the first place to look is a weak/failing battery. Modern vehicles are heavily electronically/electrically/computer dependent. And a weak or failing battery can cause all sorts of electronic/electrical/computer gremlins.

The fact that this happens in the morning (when the battery is weakest) points to the distinct possibility of a failing battery.

Have the battery properly and professionally load tested (not an old fashioned battery test). And it if it is more than 3-4 years old, replace it.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Last edited:

frustrated 101

Hi frustrated. A little information about your MKZ may help. What model year? Engine? How long have you owned it? How old is the battery?

In situations like this, the first place to look is a weak/failing battery. Modern vehicles are heavily electronically/electrically/computer dependent. And a weak or failing battery can cause all sorts of electronic/electrical/computer gremlins.

The fact that this happens in the morning (when the battery is weakest) points to the distinct possibility of a failing battery.

Have the battery properly and professionally load tested (not an old fashioned battery test). And it if it is more than 3-4 years old, replace it.

New battery same issues 2013 mkz with the 3.7 liter. owned it about 4 years

bbf2530

New battery same issues 2013 mkz with the 3.7 liter. owned it about 4 years

Hi frustrated. Several thing: First, please understand that we have had owners state that 1-2-3 year old batteries are "new". So when was the battery installed?

Second...Have you had the battery properly load tested? Not hooked up to an old fashioned meter, but professionally load tested?

Third...Your OBD2 reader may not be capable of pulling all stored codes. You may need to have the system professionally scanned for codes.