Wanted To Inquire Are the 70s Continentals the Best Riding Lincolns of All Time?

OldSchoolLincolnGuy

Wanted to ask. It seems that the 70s continentals had the most plush interiors (pillow leather or pillow velour seats) and Ford improved the suspension on these in the early 70s. I know that the 60s continentals are classic cars but it seems that the interior of the 60s cars are plain and do not have the ultra plush interiors of the 70s. Do the 70s continentals ride more comfortable than the 60s continentals?? Are the 70s continentals the best riding Lincolns of all time??

OldSchoolLincolnGuy

Ford firmed up the suspension on the Town Cars in '03. I owned a '09 so I know the difference in ride between post '03 Town Cars and pre-'03 Town Cars. I have also driven '70s Continentals. An '04 TC ride versus a '70s Continental ride...... I think the '70s Continental wins on ride quality. That is my subjective opinion.

OldSchoolLincolnGuy

In those Continentals of the 70s I remember the Roman Numerals in the gauges, Cartier clocks, the "coast" feature on the cruise, vent windows, pillow seats, opera windows, chrome bumpers, chrome grills, chrome hub caps, a/c controls on the driver's side, and the ride it had.:cool:

HTML