Want to get my feet wet! Help Me? 2005 Lincoln LS6

Pappy_Said

So first off hello everyone! Love Lincoln's grew up in a towncar and loved it dearly and my wife drives a 17 MKC and it's a dream.

I've mostly driven ford's and currently own an older ranger which I'll probably keep but I'm looking into buying this fairly low mileage for the year 2005 Lincoln LS6.

Should I take the leap? It's not horrible on the price tag but yeah I don't want to drop 3,250 on something and it only be a nightmare.

Any advice is much appreciated!

Link to car https://www.midwestautopark.com/details/used-2005-lincoln-ls/61875446

bbf2530

So first off hello everyone! Love Lincoln's grew up in a towncar and loved it dearly and my wife drives a 17 MKC and it's a dream.

I've mostly driven ford's and currently own an older ranger which I'll probably keep but I'm looking into buying this fairly low mileage for the year 2005 Lincoln LS6.

Should I take the leap? It's not horrible on the price tag but yeah I don't want to drop 3,250 on something and it only be a nightmare.

Any advice is much appreciated!

Link to car https://www.midwestautopark.com/details/used-2005-lincoln-ls/61875446
Hi Pappy. Here is the opinion of one person: Any used car is a gamble, and the older the car, the bigger the gamble. It is a 15 year old car that we can not test drive, inspect or examine. Is it located close enough for you to test drive and take for a professional inspection? If yes, then you should do so. If not, my personal recommendation would be to pass on it, unless you don't mind taking a chance with your money.

I'm sure others will jump in with their opinions and recommendations. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Pappy_Said

Appreciate the response! Sure I would never buy anything without testing it out and kicking the tires.

Looking for LS6 owners, what I should look out for etc. I've read a bit on here and some reviews which lead me to post on here.

bbf2530

Appreciate the response! Sure I would never buy anything without testing it out and kicking the tires.

Looking for LS6 owners, what I should look out for etc. I've read a bit on here and some reviews which lead me to post on here.

Hi Pappy I understand. I was not discouraging you from posting and asking questions, Just providing one opinion.

Good luck with your decision. :)

don-ohio

I love mine, but it's not been without a few trials.
(1)COPs messed up my throttle and put me in failsafe mode.
(2)Replaced both toe links on rear.
(3)Had famous oil leak from IM T valves which requires O-ring replacement.
(4)Harsh 3-4 shift and reverse/drive engagement from park,probably PCM problem.
(5) All cooling part plastics will need replaced ,IF you run with pressurized system(I don't) will need replaced. I run with a loosened pressure cap,but 65 antifreeze to 35 distilled water by volume,not weight.
(6) Check all bushings on front and rear suspension before buying.
Great cars,but over-engineered for sure. If you're not a backyard mechanic,or don't plan on sinking a lot of cash into pro repairs, pass on it.

Pappy_Said

Appreciate the response, I ended up test driving it and liking it but the owner said it had a few quirks so I ended up passing on it and then it was bought a day later lol.

HTML