• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Want to get my feet wet! Help Me? 2005 Lincoln LS6

Pappy_Said

So first off hello everyone! Love Lincoln's grew up in a towncar and loved it dearly and my wife drives a 17 MKC and it's a dream.

I've mostly driven ford's and currently own an older ranger which I'll probably keep but I'm looking into buying this fairly low mileage for the year 2005 Lincoln LS6.

Should I take the leap? It's not horrible on the price tag but yeah I don't want to drop 3,250 on something and it only be a nightmare.

Any advice is much appreciated!

Link to car https://www.midwestautopark.com/details/used-2005-lincoln-ls/61875446

bbf2530

So first off hello everyone! Love Lincoln's grew up in a towncar and loved it dearly and my wife drives a 17 MKC and it's a dream.

I've mostly driven ford's and currently own an older ranger which I'll probably keep but I'm looking into buying this fairly low mileage for the year 2005 Lincoln LS6.

Should I take the leap? It's not horrible on the price tag but yeah I don't want to drop 3,250 on something and it only be a nightmare.

Any advice is much appreciated!

Link to car https://www.midwestautopark.com/details/used-2005-lincoln-ls/61875446
Hi Pappy. Here is the opinion of one person: Any used car is a gamble, and the older the car, the bigger the gamble. It is a 15 year old car that we can not test drive, inspect or examine. Is it located close enough for you to test drive and take for a professional inspection? If yes, then you should do so. If not, my personal recommendation would be to pass on it, unless you don't mind taking a chance with your money.

I'm sure others will jump in with their opinions and recommendations. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Pappy_Said

Appreciate the response! Sure I would never buy anything without testing it out and kicking the tires.

Looking for LS6 owners, what I should look out for etc. I've read a bit on here and some reviews which lead me to post on here.

bbf2530

Appreciate the response! Sure I would never buy anything without testing it out and kicking the tires.

Looking for LS6 owners, what I should look out for etc. I've read a bit on here and some reviews which lead me to post on here.

Hi Pappy I understand. I was not discouraging you from posting and asking questions, Just providing one opinion.

Good luck with your decision. :)

don-ohio

I love mine, but it's not been without a few trials.
(1)COPs messed up my throttle and put me in failsafe mode.
(2)Replaced both toe links on rear.
(3)Had famous oil leak from IM T valves which requires O-ring replacement.
(4)Harsh 3-4 shift and reverse/drive engagement from park,probably PCM problem.
(5) All cooling part plastics will need replaced ,IF you run with pressurized system(I don't) will need replaced. I run with a loosened pressure cap,but 65 antifreeze to 35 distilled water by volume,not weight.
(6) Check all bushings on front and rear suspension before buying.
Great cars,but over-engineered for sure. If you're not a backyard mechanic,or don't plan on sinking a lot of cash into pro repairs, pass on it.

Pappy_Said

Appreciate the response, I ended up test driving it and liking it but the owner said it had a few quirks so I ended up passing on it and then it was bought a day later lol.

HTML