VIN

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

fordman4246

I placed a order for a 2022 Corsair GT on 10/23/2021. When should I see a VIN from the dealer. My dealer has not been very helpful to my request.

Voidoid

I placed a order for a 2022 Corsair GT on 10/23/2021. When should I see a VIN from the dealer. My dealer has not been very helpful to my request.
You will get your VIN when the car gets scheduled for production - and this should come in an email from Lincoln Motor Company and not the dealer. If you ordered 10/23 you should probably have received it (mine took 8 weeks, from 10/9 order to 12/8 VIN.) It's been 11 weeks since you ordered, you might pester the dealer again and see if they can follow up with Lincoln.

heywardjr

SUPPORTING MEMBER
I ordered mine on 12/2/21 and got an email from Lincoln within 2 weeks with VIN. The car was made on Friday, 1/7, and just this morning Lincoln sent an update that the car is finished and finalized with testing then will be handed off to trucking convoy this week for delivery 1/21 to 1/27. That's pretty damn great in my book these days! I am so excited. I believe it was this quick because the dealer already had a few of the GT's on order already. They mentioned it might happen where Lincoln converts one of those to match my order, so it all depends on the dealer situation.

Tpikulik

My dealer has provided me with my VIN and a build date- but when I check the online tracker- it has yet to have a build date. I wonder where they got the build date? Are they just giving me a guess?

Tpikulik

The online tracker may not have updated yet. If your window sticker is available on the tracker then it is close.
No window sticker. I just called the dealer to ask and they said on their end they see it was pushed to 2/17 now. I worried it is just going to keep getting pushed. I found the same vehicle available at another dealer. I might just ask for my money back and go get that one instead of it just keep getting delay. I didn't put in the order- it is a vehicle the dealer already have an order in for.

kingdre

Atlanta, GA
No window sticker. I just called the dealer to ask and they said on their end they see it was pushed to 2/17 now. I worried it is just going to keep getting pushed. I found the same vehicle available at another dealer. I might just ask for my money back and go get that one instead of it just keep getting delay. I didn't put in the order- it is a vehicle the dealer already have an order in for.
YES!! In stock is always better than order for speed. Just make sure it has the features you want most.

G-802156

YES!! In stock is always better than order for speed. Just make sure it has the features you want most.
It has everything I wanted except floor liners which no big deal. The other dealer is going to be mean when I ask for my $500 back lol

heywardjr

SUPPORTING MEMBER
My dealer has provided me with my VIN and a build date- but when I check the online tracker- it has yet to have a build date. I wonder where they got the build date? Are they just giving me a guess?
The Build Date is found at the top of the Windows Sticker like below...see the number 120220106...that is the build date for mine and reads in reverse 220106...ignore the first three numbers (120). The date shown is not really exact as my real build data happened on 01/07/22. They programmed my Sync modules on 01/10 I believe. Mine is not sitting awaiting a truck in Southern Virginia about 2 hours away. Your dealer can look at an internal system they have and tell you exactly where the vehicle is in the process. My Lincoln rep had no clue (he is fairly new and not all that trained, in my opinion) but I asked my Ford rep whose been there 20 years and he knew exactly where to look and sent me screen shots.
1643075074809.png

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Marysville, Ohio
The Build Date is found at the top of the Windows Sticker like below...see the number 120220106...that is the build date for mine and reads in reverse 220106...ignore the first three numbers (120). The date shown is not really exact as my real build data happened on 01/07/22. They programmed my Sync modules on 01/10 I believe. Mine is not sitting awaiting a truck in Southern Virginia about 2 hours away. Your dealer can look at an internal system they have and tell you exactly where the vehicle is in the process. My Lincoln rep had no clue (he is fairly new and not all that trained, in my opinion) but I asked my Ford rep whose been there 20 years and he knew exactly where to look and sent me screen shots.
View attachment 12369
What you see at the top of the sticker is the Blend date. That is the date all the parts for your vehicle are scheduled. Assembly usually takes place within a week of the blend date, but not always. The chip crisis is still in full effect and will probably remain so for the next year.

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
My dealer gave me my VIN last week, Thursday. How long did it take for y'all to get an email from Lincoln with the VIN and link to track? They only emailed the dealer in October with my order confirmations so I have no faith they will email me now, and I have to stay after Fair Oaks for info.

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Marysville, Ohio
My dealer gave me my VIN last week, Thursday. How long did it take for y'all to get an email from Lincoln with the VIN and link to track? They only emailed the dealer in October with my order confirmations so I have no faith they will email me now, and I have to stay after Fair Oaks for info.
If you have your VIN and your order number you can use the website below to track on your own. If you don't know your order number your dealer can provide it to you.

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
If you have your VIN and your order number you can use the website below to track on your own. If you don't know your order number your dealer can provide it to you.

She sent me a screen shot with my VIN and what says Order Number. But the tracker only takes 4 digits and the order number I have is 8 I think. I have tried combinations and get invalid order number. I'll have to ask her I guess. But, I read here and elsewhere that Lincoln sends an email with that info. Why build week is 2/21, so it isn't like there is something to track right now, I just wanted a gauge on how long until Lincoln emails me.

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Marysville, Ohio
She sent me a screen shot with my VIN and what says Order Number. But the tracker only takes 4 digits and the order number I have is 8 I think. I have tried combinations and get invalid order number. I'll have to ask her I guess. But, I read here and elsewhere that Lincoln sends an email with that info. Why build week is 2/21, so it isn't like there is something to track right now, I just wanted a gauge on how long until Lincoln emails me.
The order number is 4 alphanumeric digits. If you have your printed order sheet it should be at the top near the center I believe.