• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - social media. Something new is coming for Lincoln owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

Very new 2022 Aviator engine racing

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

MrRobusto

May 29, 2022
My Lincoln
2022 Aviator
Could this be normal ? After starting up after a traffic light for example the engine seems to be racing as I build up speed does same in all the drive modes

Lexxicat

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Jul 4, 2021
Melbourne, FL/Saco, ME
Racing or louder than normal? If loud, likely turbo kicking in.

MrRobusto

May 29, 2022
My Lincoln
2022 Aviator
Maybe not racing but certainly louder than normal until you get 35-40 MPH

bbf2530

Oct 12, 2011
Could this be normal ? After starting up after a traffic light for example the engine seems to be racing as I build up speed does same in all the drive modes

Hi MrRobusto. While we can not actually see/hear what you are describing as racing...No, a "racing" engine is not considered normal.

You need to call and make a service appointment with the Service Department at your Dealership and demonstrate the issue to them. Have the Service Advisor or a Tech ride with you on a test drive, so you can show them the problem. Do not just hand them the keyfob and leave.

That is the only way to find out what is going on.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

moose66

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Aug 5, 2021
Holly Springs, NC
Following Lexxicat here. This Aviator is a weighty vehicle. That turbo is working magic to get this vehicle and all of its girth moving along. I too think it is louder than I expect normally. But no different than any other turbo.

peterk9

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Mar 29, 2014
Russell, Ontario, CANADA
Maybe not racing but certainly louder than normal until you get 35-40 MPH
If the engine was "racing", it should indicate that on the tach display with unusual high revs. Is this your first EcoBoost engine? I also suspect it is the engine noise/turbos that you are hearing.

Peter

bbf2530

Oct 12, 2011
Hi MrRobusto. While we can not actually see/hear what you are describing as racing...No, a "racing" engine is not considered normal.

You need to call and make a service appointment with the Service Department at your Dealership and demonstrate the issue to them. Have the Service Advisor or a Tech ride with you on a test drive, so you can show them the problem. Do not just hand them the keyfob and leave.

That is the only way to find out what is going on.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Hi Mr Robusto. With your new explanation/description, I believe what you are actually hearing is athe "Enhanced Engine Sound" coming through the audio system.

Our Lincoln vehicles, and many other vehicle makes, use enhanced engine sound technology through the ANC (Active Noise Cancellation) system, to pump some synthesized engine sounds into the cabin.

As others have menioned, if the engine is "racing" you should be able to see the tach racing with no corresponding increase in speed.

Good luck.

MrRobusto

May 29, 2022
My Lincoln
2022 Aviator
Hi Mr Robusto. With your new explanation/description, I believe what you are actually hearing is athe "Enhanced Engine Sound" coming through the audio system.

Our Lincoln vehicles, and many other vehicle makes, use enhanced engine sound technology through the ANC (Active Noise Cancellation) system, to pump some synthesized engine sounds into the cabin.

As others have menioned, if the engine is "racing" you should be able to see the tach racing with no corresponding increase in speed.

Good luck.