Very bad oil/exhaust cabin smell

mapkos13

Funny I was just coming back to write up an update.

Got a call from service and the tech found a leaky gasket on the fuel pump. This makes much more sense as the smell was more of combustion/gas than oil.

Hope this fixes it but will still continue the process with Lincoln and see where it takes me.

mapkos13

Update: finally got the truck back. after further investigation they stated it was a gasket leak on the fuel pump. Stated they fixed it and the screen issues. To me I still had the smell of oil when stopped so who knows? After buying the vehicle on October 16th the dealer has had it for 50+ days of that time. Three payments and I’ve had it to drive less than they have.

That said I was approved for Lemon Law replacement in Ohio and am going through the process now. I’m really hesitant to move forward with another Aviator to be honest. The only options I’m considering are for them to buy it back and make me entirely whole or for them to do a collateral swap. The benefit of the swap is I will get a new 2021 with the rear console which is the only option I didn’t have on my current 2020. So newer vehicle and a little bit of an upgrade.

This entire thing has been a mess and has left a bad taste in my mouth. This is my first experience with Lincoln and I’m starting to question not staying with Mercedes.

Either way it’s coming to a head now and I just have to make the decision. The Clash said it best. ‘Should I stay or should I go?”