Lincoln Forums Navigation:

Valet Mode and Trunk Access 2018 Lincoln Continental

JimLittle

I am trying to understand how to prevent valet access to my trunk when I hand my vehicle over to a valet. In my previous vehicles, the "valet mode" was designed specifically to prevent trunk access (my Jaguar 2000 model had a dash board button to activate valet mode--which could be turned off with only the master key--and a special green valet key that could not open the trunk). If valet mode doesn't protect the trunk on the 2018 Lincoln Continental, is there another way to do so on the vehicle?

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
Welcome to the Forum. We have a forum for the 2017 and up Continental here: Lincoln Continental Forum

In my Town Car the Valet key operated the ignition through a chipped key and the doors through limited key cut code in the valet key. The glove box and trunk and push button access to trunk were not available to the valet person. So you locked the trunk and trunk push button and glove box and gave the valet key to the valet.

The current Continental is different in that it uses a fob for everything, and my rear seats fold down for access to the trunk so no security there. What you can do is put your valuables in the glove box and lock that with the emergency key (also opens driver door if power lost from battery etc) in the top of the fob and separate the key fob from the key section with your house keys etc attached. Give the fob to the valet and keep the key part of fob. The valet can open the doors and trunk and drive the car, but cannot open the glove box. When car is returned just put the two parts of fob together again and your off.

My 2017 owner manual has nothing about Valet operation as a feature.

Good luck.

JimLittle

Thank you--I have re-posted in the suggested Lincoln Continental forum. Meanwhile, I know about the glove box but I am concerned about larger items stored in the trunk, such as shopping bags, luggage, etc.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

HTML