• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Using SSD for listening to music on 2021 Lincoln Corsair Grand Touring

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Marysville, Ohio
I bought an SSD that connects via USB-C or USB-A and formatted it to exFAT. I want to rip my massive CD collection to this drive so I can have an alternative music source other than FM or Sirius XM.

I ripped one CD to it and put it into my Corsair. I keep getting an error that says the device isn't supported.

I know people have ripped their music to USB drives and use them successfully.

Is the SSD really not compatible or am I doing something wrong in the formatting of the music or the SSD? I have a Windows PC and have the audio quality set to the highest level and am ripping in the WMA (lossless) format. From what I've read, my vehicle should be able to read these files and play them.

Help!

bbf2530

I bought an SSD that connects via USB-C or USB-A and formatted it to exFAT. I want to rip my massive CD collection to this drive so I can have an alternative music source other than FM or Sirius XM.

I ripped one CD to it and put it into my Corsair. I keep getting an error that says the device isn't supported.

I know people have ripped their music to USB drives and use them successfully.

Is the SSD really not compatible or am I doing something wrong in the formatting of the music or the SSD? I have a Windows PC and have the audio quality set to the highest level and am ripping in the WMA (lossless) format. From what I've read, my vehicle should be able to read these files and play them.

Help!

Hi RH. While I have no back-up to verify this, l have heard of several owners who have tried to use an SSD and also had the same incompatibility issues. Some have theorized it is a power issue, with the USB port not having enough power for the SSD. However, again, that is only what I have heard.

At least one owner said he called Lincoln Concierge and was told the same. But again, hearsay.

Personal opinion? Why not simply purchase a large capacity min-USB drive and rip your music to it. Less expensive, much less obtrusive, less space wasting etc.

I have a 64GB one in my car and keep it plugged into the "ashtray" USB port. Since it is a mini-USB, the cover/door can close over it, making it invisible. And of course, you can go much larger than 64 GB. if you need to.

Just a thought.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.