Used 2020 Aviator purchase. Questions. Is this car worth the price and reliable? Also are the seats comfortably for extremely long trips?

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

Cavener

Aug 5, 2022
My Lincoln
2020 Aviator
Used Aviator purchase. Is vehicle worth the price and reliable. Also are the seats comfortable for extremely long trips?

peterk9

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Mar 29, 2014
Russell, Ontario, CANADA
My Lincoln
2020 Aviator Reserve
Welcome to the Forum. 👋
With that thread title, there really wasn't a need for the additional post. :giggle:

Peter

bbf2530

Oct 12, 2011
Used Aviator purchase. Is vehicle worth the price and reliable. Also are the seats comfortable for extremely long trips?

Hi Cavener. For an idea as to whether a particular Aviator is worth the price, you will need a lot more information than just that it is a "Used 2020 Aviator"

For starters... What is the price? What trim level? What other options (all of them)? How many miles are on the vehicle? What condition is it in...Fair, Good, Excellent? Are you purchasing from a private party or a Dealer? Any CPO or other warranty? Has it ever been in an accident? Are service records available...etc. etc.?

As you can see, a lot of information is necessary in order to even begin to get any sort of accurate price.

In my opinion, you would be better off getting all of that information and then go to Edmunds..com, KBB.com and NADA.com and work up the pricing yourself, as opposed to a bunch of random, anonymous Internet opinions (including mine).

As far as reliability? Overall, yes, the Aviator is a reliable vehicle. But the answer for the particular used one you are looking at has too many variables for an accurate answer. Again, condition, care/maintenance etc. etc.

Concerning the comfort of the seats for long trips. My answer would be yes, they are very comfortable. However, opinions on seat comfort all depend on the particular caboose seated on them. ;)

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

EDITED- To add more information.

Last edited:

Action

Aug 12, 2005
Phoenix, AZ 85008-1418
How about yes?

Action

inmanlanier

Jan 17, 2022
We've done four 730 mile trips (single day each) and find the base reserve seats quite comfortable. At 6K miles zero issues.

rjabend

Mar 12, 2021
Florida
My Lincoln
2021 Aviator BL
I find the seats very comfortable with all adjustments needed. The rear captain's chairs are also very nice. My air suspension is IMHO worse than the standard spring suspension so I wouldn't recommend that feature. Mine is a 2021 BL and it is the least reliable vehicle of the many I have owned. Most of my issues have been of medium importance but others on this forum have reported disastrous failures such as roof leaks resulting in mold and mildew. Other major issues such as the engine cutting out on highways are fairly frequent. The bottom line is I would not recommend the purchase and I would take a look at more objective statistically sound analyses such as Consumer Reports before taking the plunge.