Lincoln Forums Navigation:

Trying to drop the gas tank on a 65

Antony

Hi,

I am a new user and just beginning a 1965 Continental project. It has been sitting for around 15 years. I'm attempting to drop the gas tank to get it vatted but it won't drop. It is wedging between the differential and the trunk. What do I do? Thanks, Antony

LithiumCobalt

Fort Wayne, IN
Hi Antony,

Should be a matter of releasing the two straps and also removing the fill tube assembly. If you don't have a factory service manual, a highly suggest getting one. They are extremely helpful and will give you all of the details on projects like this. Love the 60's models! I had a '67 convertible for a shortwhile, myself.

staylorx

Hi,

I am a new user and just beginning a 1965 Continental project. It has been sitting for around 15 years. I'm attempting to drop the gas tank to get it vatted but it won't drop. It is wedging between the differential and the trunk. What do I do? Thanks, Antony
Since this comes up #1 or #2 in search in 2018... the manual calls for and I can't get around disconnecting the rear shocks, raising the car, and dropping the rear axle. The rest of it is down the line: empty it, release the fuel tank straps, and completely pull out the fuel filler pipe.

For me it was as good a reason to replace the rear shocks.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

HTML