• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Trouble with stalling 96 towny

Godfather52

It started on cold mornings its starts warms up i drive about 1/2 mile stalls. I crank it and crank it and it finally starts. then runs fine. At first it was only on cold mornings. The other day it did it in the after noon. Any ideas? I have a new fuel pump ordered But Not sure if it need it. it has 182000 miles on it.HELP
Jerry

jkeaton

Winston Salem, NC
When was your last tune up? Ever cleaned the throttle body? Had it scanned for stored codes? Have you measured fuel pressure to determine if you need a new fuel pump? Blindly throwing parts at a problem will only lead to frustration and unnecessary expense. IAC, TPS could also be failing.

HTML