• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Transmission slipping?, starting to feel choppy, '04 LS8

l3ftism

orlando, fl
Started noticing some sort of intermittent slipping while driving down the road in cruise control. I thought it was only when using cruise control but it’s not.

The best description I can come up with is; that it feels choppy or jerky. It started out subtly and has slowly progressed over the past year or so.

I detect it the most when I'm cruising from 45 to 55 mph.

Thanks in advance for any help!

2004 Lincoln LS8

Last edited:

don-ohio

Get the thing up on a rack, and check fluid level by the book. That means it's idling on the rack. You have run it thru the gears right before raising it on the rack .The fluid temp should only be a little past luke warm at 100-120 degrees or so. Ford will do this and pump in fluid if you want.

HTML