Lincoln Forums Navigation:

Transmission Problems 2009 Navigator

Truck1977

Thread starter #1
Hello everybody,
my Name is Rudi ( my first language is german, so please forgive some incorrect english:);) and I am new to this Forum.
I purchased my 2009 Navigator in 09/2016 ( traded in a VW Touareg ) and was happy with it until a few days ago.
I really love this Nav - more does my wife -
The check engine light and the wrench appeared, I read the codes - PO 731 /later PO 741
sometimes the transmission get stuck at 2. gear ( around 3000rpm), sometimes it goes to limp mode -
after restart the engine ( or erase the code with the code reader )- its gone and everything works well. I brought the Nav to a transmission shop -
they told me I need a new tranny -I am not sure about that
Does anybody had the same problem and can lead me to a solution?
I would really appreciate that!
Tks

Slick Fan

Utah
Hmmm, it's strange that the problem is intermittent like that.
Town was able to decipher them in your other thread...
P0731 = Gear 1 incorrect ratio
P0734 = Gear 4 incorrect ratio
P0741 = Torque Converter clutch circuit performance or stuck off
The first thing I would check is the wiring harness that goes to the transmission. See if it has been rubbing on anything, that may cause it to short out intermittently. Or if it possibly laid against the exhaust, which may have burned through the insulation, shorting the wires.

Truck1977

Thread starter #3
Thank you, I gonna check this -I looked up the codes - they give different solutions -
check fluid - I did - was ok
change fluid and filter - maybe this weekend
check ( or change ) transmission solenoid - maybe next step.

Slick Fan

Utah
Sounds good.
Here's another possibility that Driller posted in your other thread, in case you haven't seen it...
I had very similar issues with an 2012 F150 which I am pretty sure has the same transmission.

The fix for me was a new valve body for the transmission.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

HTML