Trade in Values

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

moose66

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Great question. I would imagine it won't be eye popping numbers, even with the demand for pre-owned vehicles at an all time high. I just saw Consumer Reports rank Lincoln products dead last reliability wise. I know there are many who are not Consumer Reports fans. But it is an opinion many swear by. And it will hurt some Lincoln values.

Last edited:

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Marysville, Ohio
I just traded my 2019 Nautilus in October. The trade in value was right on point with KBB and Carfax. For some reason, Edmunds was way higher on both trade in and retail values. My dealer gave me what I had seen on KBB. I was not disappointed at all.

Lexxicat

Florida/Maine
I just traded my 2019 Nautilus in October. The trade in value was right on point with KBB and Carfax. For some reason, Edmunds was way higher on both trade in and retail values. My dealer gave me what I had seen on KBB. I was not disappointed at all.
I got the top of KBB Excellent condition range for a 2020 BL. Edmunds was $12k lower than Carfax and TC.

rjabend

Great question. I would imagine it won't be eye popping numbers, even with the demand for pre-owned vehicles at an all time high. I just saw Consumer Reports rank Lincoln products dead last reliability wise. I know there are many who are not Consumer Reports fans. But it is an opinion many swear by. And it will hurt some Lincoln values.
I am not a CR fan, but I think they got this one right unfortunately.

rjabend

Really depends I personally don't trust CR much and my 2022 hasn't had any issues. Even in my 2020 the issues were fairly minor and never affected drivability.
That is good news on the your 2022, but one case does not make a statistic such as is the basis for the CR rating. If I remember correctly, the CR rating is based on years previous to 2022, so lets hope the next rating will be a big improvement.

silverydragon72

San Jose, CA
I agree there and there definitely was considerably more issues in the 2020 model year that will take some time to get over since CR is typically based off the last 3 years I believe. Also CR bases their ratings on the trouble spots reported by their survey respondents and to be honest how many people actually respond to these. I know I don't its typically more responded to by people that have had issues and want to complain. Overall I have owned a lot of Lincolns and have had minimal issues worst of which was the 2020 aviator which to be honest wasn't that bad.

moose66

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Well I guess you are the 1st person I know that has then. Nobody I know where I am at does.
Respect the point that complainers are usually the loudest voice. However, I respond, and do so even when every vehicle I had (pre-Lincoln) was/is issue free. The surveys are typically long and it takes some effort to fill them out.

Staying somewhat on topic . . . . . The prices for pre-owned Aviators, even year 2020, are up there. I know the prices are inflated now for any pre-owned vehicle. However, the market appears hot based on my unscientific watching of availability. Look at somewhere like Carmax. One week there will be 10+ Aviators listed. The next week it will be 2 or 3. They are moving them even with so-so reviews. Again, not a scientific assessment. But proof enough for me there are some takers.

silverydragon72

San Jose, CA
Respect the point that complainers are usually the loudest voice. However, I respond, and do so even when every vehicle I had (pre-Lincoln) was/is issue free. The surveys are typically long and it takes some effort to fill them out.

Staying somewhat on topic . . . . . The prices for pre-owned Aviators, even year 2020, are up there. I know the prices are inflated now for any pre-owned vehicle. However, the market appears hot based on my unscientific watching of availability. Look at somewhere like Carmax. One week there will be 10+ Aviators listed. The next week it will be 2 or 3. They are moving them even with so-so reviews. Again, not a scientific assessment. But proof enough for me there are some takers.
I agree there the dealerships in my area have little to no aviators available of any type used/new and if they do have one they are asking a premium.

Monstonemark

I've been wondering about Consumer Reports ratings as well and wonder if they use stats from the old Aviator vs. the new model?

rjabend

"The 2022 Lincoln Aviator has a predicted reliability score of 75 out of 100. A J.D. Power predicted reliability score of 91-100 is considered the Best, 81-90 is Great, 70-80 is Average, and 0-69 is Fair and considered below average.Oct 8, 2021"

Peter
Do you know how they establish the Predicted reliability?

moose66

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Would the first wave of the 2020 re-lunch of the Aviator even be 3 years old? If so, barely. Meaning the sample size to come up 3+ year owners would be small. If it exists at all. In my mind, that makes a reliability statement a shot in the dark. That leaves people to these forums to base an opinion, where the most unpleasant experiences seem to be the highlight and get the most attention.