Track times, anyone?

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

driller

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Morgantown, WV
Number 007. ;)

District%205%20North%20East-20111112-001541.jpg

Attachments

• driller 93.jpg
    driller 93.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 8

joebuick

Irwin, PA
Driller - Fantastic time! What do you have done to your car? What motor? I race an 87 Grand National and a GS Stage 1, both in the 11s - I would like to get my MKT in the 13s at least - but need to learn how to tune it! Any tips would be appreciated!

driller

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Morgantown, WV
Driller - Fantastic time! What do you have done to your car? What motor? I race an 87 Grand National and a GS Stage 1, both in the 11s - I would like to get my MKT in the 13s at least - but need to learn how to tune it! Any tips would be appreciated!

I've been racing the '93 Mark VIII since it was almost stock back in 2004. There has been many, many mods over that time.

Look here. ;)

The best ET with the stock block was a 13.1 @ 104 mph. :)

It has since been transplanted with a 5.3L displacement motor using the Ford Racing 5.0L Modular Boss block and a stroker kit with forged internals, ported B heads and a lightly worked over stock Mark VIII intake. That was the combo with the 12.5 ET.

2011-08-01_14-15-23_543.jpg

Currently, the plans are to do something with the intake which may very well include C heads. The consensus is the 4.6 intake is too restrictive.

The fuel system is almost maxed out so first I am upgrading the entire fuel system with an external Weldon fuel pump and -8 lines before we go any further.

I use the SCT Pro Racer Package for tuning.

joebuick

Irwin, PA
Driller - Very unique and good looking and fast Lincoln! I really appreciate the detail and that is both show and go! With your future mods, do you have an idea what it will turn? Thanks for the info and link too - your car always looks awesome.

driller

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Morgantown, WV
Thanks. :D

With your future mods, do you have an idea what it will turn?

Considering the future mod details are yet to be determined, suffice to say I expect the combo to produce over 500 FWHP (assuming there is sufficient intake). The car is full weight (actually overweight, LOL), so I would hope to see consistent mid 12s and hopefully low 12s in good conditions. This is going to take around 425 RWHP naturally aspirated. :cool:

We're looking at nitrous as a power adder after that so we can run with the big boys! :eek:

joebuick

Irwin, PA
That would be awesome - plus all the luxury you can handle in a machine that will run with the big guns! What a sweet ride - I hope you can get those times - would love to see your car smoke the competition!