• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

town car 2003 navigation/THX system diagrams

97TC

Hi all,

Does somebody has a diagram of the factory 2003 town car navigation/THX system? looking for the connection information from the head unit and the DVD player in the trunk . for some reason it dosnt show up in the 2003 electrical diagram that I have. My car had the system but previous owner put an aftermarket system on it but all components speakers and head/trunk unit came with the car except the factory plugs which im trying to source and revert back. yeah I know some will frown; I just dont like the unit he had and prefer stock look. has anybody done a bluetooth converssion to a stock radio? Thanks

dave42

Leander, TX C.K.U.
I'm thinking that the THX system was only available in later '03's, and the manual was printed before that. My '03 manual actually has illustrations showing the front end of a '98-02 model in at least one place, which leads me to think it was printed ahead of time so shops would have the manuals right away. So, I'm thinking an '04 manual might have what you need.

Brian J. Patterson

Northern Illinois
Hi all,

Does somebody has a diagram of the factory 2003 town car navigation/THX system? looking for the connection information from the head unit and the DVD player in the trunk . for some reason it dosnt show up in the 2003 electrical diagram that I have. My car had the system but previous owner put an aftermarket system on it but all components speakers and head/trunk unit came with the car except the factory plugs which im trying to source and revert back. yeah I know some will frown; I just dont like the unit he had and prefer stock look. has anybody done a bluetooth converssion to a stock radio? Thanks
Hi, 97TC.

You might need to get the connectors off of a 2003 Town Car in a junk yard. I can't tell you how much of your harnesses was cut away when the "installers" put in the different system. If you are obliged to go that route, and splice instead of replace (understandable if you do this because of the disassembly required to replace an entire harness,) get as much of the "tail wiring" along with the connectors as you can. You can always cut the wire on the "new" plugs shorter as you splice the wires in. Having to "double-splice" is far less desirable.

Good luck.

wolf_walker

To my knowledge, 05 was the first THX nav system year, my 04 is just plain nav. There is a lot of confusion about components and wiring for these few years nav systems among Crutchfield and the like.

Your best bet is to find 03 or maybe 04 nav unit plugs and splice em back in.
I added bluetooth to mine with an isimple tranzit blu unit, it's hidden, works
pretty well.

97TC

thanks ; Well I did source the plugs and put it
To my knowledge, 05 was the first THX nav system year, my 04 is just plain nav. There is a lot of confusion about components and wiring for these few years nav systems among Crutchfield and the like.

Your best bet is to find 03 or maybe 04 nav unit plugs and splice em back in.
I added bluetooth to mine with an isimple tranzit blu unit, it's hidden, works
pretty well.
Thanks - was missing two plugs on the front unit but sourced them. I can check the part numbers , but at least the unit I got with the car says THX when it turns on. Did you added bluetooth tapping on the cd audio lines or using the aux input with an interface- which transit blue unit did you get?

97TC

thanks ; Well I did source the plugs and put it

Thanks - was missing two plugs on the front unit but sourced them. I can check the part numbers , but at least the unit I got with the car says THX when it turns on. Did you added bluetooth tapping on the cd audio lines or using the aux input with an interface?
which model did you use?

wolf_walker

inline FM, remote mic, works ok. Not perfect, but OK.

I suspect nothing in the head unit, other than maybe a THX splash screen, changed between them.
Speakers might have, seems like they might have had seperate tweeters in the doors for the later THX
models, not sure.

HTML