• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

towing capacity and experience

G-308445

Hi: I am wondering about the towing capacity for my 2004 lincoln towncar. I'm also interested in hearing about others experinces with towing something behind their towncar. Thanks!!:) Kat

bbf2530

i find that surprising. a full frame car like this should pull 3500 or so i would think. is that number from ford?
Hi bmarler. The information jkeaton gave you is correct. It is listed in your Owners Manual. Check the Index under "Towing" for the correct page in your copy.

Good luck.

Brian J. Patterson

Northern Illinois
i find that surprising. a full frame car like this should pull 3500 or so i would think. is that number from ford?
As others have stated, 2000 lbs (with 200 of that on the hitch) is the official Ford number. 2000 lbs is actually not bad. You can tow a smaller but still comfortable camper or a fishing boat, provided you don't get stupid with the size or weight. If you want to tow a trailer larger than that, you would be happier with a Navigator anyway.

The "last series" LTC, unlike pre-1980 Lincolns, was not built with the idea of towing large objects. In order to provide more socially acceptable fuel economy from a large 5-6 passenger car, everything that could be made lighter was. So, the reserve strength and capacity that the "old" Lincolns had just isn't there anymore.

Good luck.

HTML