• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Totaled my 2013 MKT - Bought a 2015 MKT

vinaygoel2000

Houston
The right side display on the odometer does not have climate controls. My 2013 had that. Is there any way to downgrade Sync version? Not sure which Sync version I had in my 2013 MKT.

It also does not have a way to get directions to Home by pressing down on the Navigation menu.

This is from the right side steering wheel controls.

Sagar810

Boulder, COLORADO
Got hit by someone and totaled my 2013 MKT. The 28 year old girl was nice enough to call 911 and accept liability. I was knocked out.
Well I thought you were missing from the conversations, you sold you MKT. But this sucks! glad things worked out and you are OK!.
with a 2015 you still will have the Sync 2. In my 2016 SYNC3, I dont have the climate control or the long press to go home on my MKT as well. Maybe they got rid of the feature? Not sure why, they do look like handy features especially the climate control one.

Whats the specs on your new MKT vs the old one?

Seldom Seen

DFW
Biggest problem I had with post-2013 (I think) was the shortened center armrest. Cupholders now exposed instead. Doesn't reach your elbow. I figgered if I had your fate, I'd have a trim shop make something that plugged into the cupholders.

RedGeminiPA

Altoona, PA
Glad to hear you’re not too busted up.

How bad did your seatbelt suck you into the seat? I was involved in a minor accident with mine over 3 weeks ago. It involved a 40-50 pound 5” x 5” metal electrical part that fell off the back of a passing truck as I was driving about 45 MPH. Both left side wheels drove over it, blowing both tires, putting my MKT into accident panic mode: seatbelt tightened insanely tight, bruising my abdomen, accompanied by white powdery smoke in the cabin, and couldn’t release it until I moved the seat back about 6”, 4-way flashers turned on, the horn started beeping, and the airbag light illuminated. Items being replaced so far include: seatbelt, pretensioner, both 20” wheels, both tires, left front strut, and maybe the sunroof (it was open during the impact), if they found anything wrong with it. No updates since the service advisor called Thursday to say they discovered the strut was bent, as they weren’t able to do the alignment. I asked her to check the sunroof, too. I’ll have to double check the door alignment, as it’s possible the impact tweaked the structure. If so, it should be a total loss, but we’ll have to see.

I’m currently stuck with a ‘19 Altima for the loaner. Ugh... it’s great on gas, though. I’m averaging around 37, and got 43 on a trip over the weekend. I’ll miss the gas mileage, but that’s about it.

My ‘14 doesn’t have climate option in the right display. That was ‘13 only, and there’s no way to add it, even with ForScan. Same for the Nav feature. If you’re not using the cup holder, you can slide the armrest forward, but still not that great for the elbow.

If, by some long shot, mine ends up totaled, I’ll possibly look for a ‘16 with Sync 3, or just get something else entirely different. There just isn’t much else on the market comparable to the MKT.

Sagar810

Boulder, COLORADO

How bad did your seatbelt suck you into the seat? I was involved in a minor accident with mine over 3 weeks ago. It involved a 40-50 pound 5” x 5” metal electrical part that fell off the back of a passing truck as I was driving about 45 MPH. Both left side wheels drove over it, blowing both tires, putting my MKT into accident panic mode: seatbelt tightened insanely tight, bruising my abdomen, accompanied by white powdery smoke in the cabin, and couldn’t release it until I moved the seat back about 6”, 4-way flashers turned on, the horn started beeping, and the airbag light illuminated. Items being replaced so far include: seatbelt, pretensioner, both 20” wheels, both tires, left front strut, and maybe the sunroof (it was open during the impact), if they found anything wrong with it. No updates since the service advisor called Thursday to say they discovered the strut was bent, as they weren’t able to do the alignment. I asked her to check the sunroof, too. I’ll have to double check the door alignment, as it’s possible the impact tweaked the structure. If so, it should be a total loss, but we’ll have to see.

I’m currently stuck with a ‘19 Altima for the loaner. Ugh... it’s great on gas, though. I’m averaging around 37, and got 43 on a trip over the weekend. I’ll miss the gas mileage, but that’s about it.

My ‘14 doesn’t have climate option in the right display. That was ‘13 only, and there’s no way to add it, even with ForScan. Same for the Nav feature. If you’re not using the cup holder, you can slide the armrest forward, but still not that great for the elbow.

If, by some long shot, mine ends up totaled, I’ll possibly look for a ‘16 with Sync 3, or just get something else entirely different. There just isn’t much else on the market comparable to the MKT.
2019 seems to be a sucky year! I had my accident in June and that almost went on for 50 days! (My loaner was a ram1500 and then a 2020 corolla so my loaner game was not super bad.) Then @vinaygoel2000 has his car totalled, now you @RedGeminiPA have your car almost to a point where they could total it.

I agree, there is nothing else in the segment that is like the MKT. Recently I was on a day roadtrip with my friend in his 2014 Nissan Pathfinder, we chose that car because of the space over my MKT, but with 6 people in the car, the thing was struggling big big time over mountain passes! I do however want to see how the 2015+ BMW X5 50i drives. I have heard very good reviews about how it drives but never had a chance to get to drive one yet. However, it has a much more miserable 3rd row than the MKT.

vinaygoel2000

Houston

Thanks redgemini. I did not know the front console moves up.

I did get something called Atelectasis in left lower lobe but that's fine now. I can breathe now. Must be due to seat belt pre-tensioning.

vinaygoel2000

Houston
2019 seems to be a sucky year! I had my accident in June and that almost went on for 50 days! (My loaner was a ram1500 and then a 2020 corolla so my loaner game was not super bad.) Then @vinaygoel2000 has his car totalled, now you @RedGeminiPA have your car almost to a point where they could total it.

I agree, there is nothing else in the segment that is like the MKT. Recently I was on a day roadtrip with my friend in his 2014 Nissan Pathfinder, we chose that car because of the space over my MKT, but with 6 people in the car, the thing was struggling big big time over mountain passes! I do however want to see how the 2015+ BMW X5 50i drives. I have heard very good reviews about how it drives but never had a chance to get to drive one yet. However, it has a much more miserable 3rd row than the MKT.
My new 2015 has 35k miles and came with 100k ESP warranty so I'll drive till about 90k (2.5 years more) and trade in for Aviator. Had purchased ESP on my old 2013 MKT and got a $200 refund on that. Had to submit total loss letter with odometer mileage.

vinaygoel2000

Houston
I have still not been able to figure out why the 1st and 2nd row on mine never worked. I hate the uneven lighting where I have white led in the 3rd row and regular white/yellow in 1st and 2nd row.
What do you mean never worked? You couldn't open the cover or the bulb didn't work? Keep in mind the LED bulbs have polarity so if it didn't turn on one way, flip it and try.

Sagar810

Boulder, COLORADO
What do you mean never worked? You couldn't open the cover or the bulb didn't work? Keep in mind the LED bulbs have polarity so if it didn't turn on one way, flip it and try.
Well in my case, the second and first row were installed. I had the good quality ones as well, soon after I swapped them, my lock unlock using the key fob was getting jacked up. Played around for a long time and was able to narrow it down to the first and second row LED swaps. As soon as I put the regular factory bulbs in, the lock unlock would work perfect. I have had LEDs in all my cars, so i am aware of the polarity and this was very easy to do with torx screw even for the second row.

vinaygoel2000

Houston
I had a one light tow hitch light in my last one. Decided to go with a 3 light one in this. Works with turn signals as well. One light one was only tail lights and brake light.

17AF8F5D-021C-422F-A428-A29FD9A0E1C1.jpeg

HTML