Too much of a car for me?

smartino

Hi all...I'm a bit torn and came here to the forum for a bit of real world advice.

I'm a single woman (long term relationship, but not married and don't live together) with 1 grown daughter and 1 large dog. It seems to me that the Navigator is more for either men, families or even women with kids to tote around so I feel a bit guilty and feel like I am reaching even looking into this vehicle.

I have no need for a car this big, have no need (although not a problem to) spend that much on a vehicle and don't even really commute since I work from home. The only thing that is drawing me to this car is that ......I LIKE IT! I mean I just like the look of it, I like the interior, I love all the features of it, etc. My partner and I took it for a test drive recently but he decided that he didn't want it for a few reasons, although I still like it. Part of me feels like its just too big of a car for me and I'm being greedy but the only thing I have going for me is that I just like it. I've always loved BIG SUVs. I don't even really care for the MKC because its just not the same. I currently drive a mid-size SUV and still always just look longingly at the bigger ones.

So someone please talk some sense into me. LOL. Am I just being unrealistic with wanting to spend that much money on that big of a vehicle when I have no need for it or should I just keep looking for something smaller? Any other women on the forum with a Navi? Thanks!

Ico

My wife daily's our Navigator and loves it, she came from an F-150 Limited she also liked.

Big body-on-frame vehicles have certain driving dynamics that can't be replicated by smaller unibody vehicles. If you like that, then there's only one choice.

That said, the Aviator may be a great compromise, but my wife chose the Navigator over the Aviator, so what do I know? :)

Sagar810

Boulder, COLORADO
Hi all...I'm a bit torn and came here to the forum for a bit of real world advice.

I'm a single woman (long term relationship, but not married and don't live together) with 1 grown daughter and 1 large dog. It seems to me that the Navigator is more for either men, families or even women with kids to tote around so I feel a bit guilty and feel like I am reaching even looking into this vehicle.

I have no need for a car this big, have no need (although not a problem to) spend that much on a vehicle and don't even really commute since I work from home. The only thing that is drawing me to this car is that ......I LIKE IT! I mean I just like the look of it, I like the interior, I love all the features of it, etc. My partner and I took it for a test drive recently but he decided that he didn't want it for a few reasons, although I still like it. Part of me feels like its just too big of a car for me and I'm being greedy but the only thing I have going for me is that I just like it. I've always loved BIG SUVs. I don't even really care for the MKC because its just not the same. I currently drive a mid-size SUV and still always just look longingly at the bigger ones.

So someone please talk some sense into me. LOL. Am I just being unrealistic with wanting to spend that much money on that big of a vehicle when I have no need for it or should I just keep looking for something smaller? Any other women on the forum with a Navi? Thanks!
I think the Aviator would be the best bet for your needs rather than a Navigator. You can save about 15-20K on a well equipped Aviator vs the Navigator. It will also be easier to deal with in terms of its size compared to a navigator.

It is a crossover so should be better on road mannered as well in terms of ride comfort and handling (the navigator is nowhere a compromise in comfort but you feel the weight when driving it)

dlcorbett

I like full sized suvs for their space and comfort. They dont share ride characteristics of a car or some crossovers, but atleast on hwys, they are vastly superior in my opinion. If you tested one(and its competitors) and liked it and can afford it, get it. Its not you showin off or being gaudy, its what you like. Also, dont be afraid to look at the mainstream versions as well. They have come a long way and their interiors are worlds better than they used to be(save for the toyota sequoia) and they drive very similar, mayb less quiet than their luxury counterparts. This way you can save a few bux and not feel bad about using it like it should. I love my 18 expy though i wanted a nav, but id hate if someone got in my nav and grinded their feet in the carpet or somethin.

Jcw7979

I am also in a long term relationship (we are marrying in aug) myself or him have children or pets I own a 17 navigator I love it. I do not need a Vehicle this large but it makes me feel safer and I love the way it looks and drives. So I say if you like it go for and buy one you will immediately fall in love. This is my 5th navigator could not imagine driving anything else

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

HTML