Lincoln Forums Navigation:

Tires for 2001 Towncar

I am new to this forum and I am looking to buy new tires for my 2001 Towncar. 225/60R/16 My car was purchased new in 2001 and only has 33,000 miles on it. It has the original tires now but they are getting old. I want to stay with the narrow white wall so my mechanic suggested either Continental TrueContact Tour or Vougue Clasic White. Both have the narrow white wall.

Anyone have any experience or advice. I looking for the best softest ride.

Thank You

Hi Allenz. Do you have a Costco membership? If you do, I recommend you go to their website and check choices and prices here. That is where I have purchased my last 4 sets of tires, after much comparison shopping. Find a Costco warehouse- Costco

BJ's Wholesale Club also has very good prices.

If you do not have a membership, I would recommend trying Tire Rack - https://www.tirerack.com/content/tirerack/desktop/en/homepage.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7MDjv8383QIVk1mGCh3O-gR4EAAYASAAEgIZKPD_BwE&s_kwcid=AL!3756!3!282041512448!e!!g!!tirerack. com&ef_id=W75DEQAAAIx_EnId:20181010192725:s

and Discount Tire - https://www.discounttiredirect.com/

I know Michelin has a narrow white wall. As far as Continental and Vougue, I would go with the Continental, since I have no experience with Vougue.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Welcome to the Forum.

No experience with either tire, but the Vogue has been criticised by several members for poor grip and construction related issues.

To get a soft ride you need to look for a S or lower speed rating. A 215/65R16 will give a slightly softer ride than a 225/60R16 tire and be close to the same diameter.

Good luck.

I am new to this forum and I am looking to buy new tires for my 2001 Towncar. 225/60R/16 My car was purchased new in 2001 and only has 33,000 miles on it. It has the original tires now but they are getting old. I want to stay with the narrow white wall so my mechanic suggested either Continental TrueContact Tour or Vougue Clasic White. Both have the narrow white wall.

Anyone have any experience or advice. I looking for the best softest ride.

Thank You
I just put 4 narrow Whitewalls on my 2006 LTCSL. Has
Travelstar" on the sidewall and a very nice looking tire with a smooth quiet ride. Mine are 17" though. 225/60/R17

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

HTML