Tire Pressure

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

Sav_Age2003

I know that this question seems simple, however, I’d rather not assume the exact pressure. I can’t locate the PSI in my manual, nor is it stated on the car somewhere. I have a 99 Signature, what should I put the pressure to?

bbf2530

I know that this question seems simple, however, I’d rather not assume the exact pressure. I can’t locate the PSI in my manual, nor is it stated on the car somewhere. I have a 99 Signature, what should I put the pressure to?

Hi Sav. If o one else here can help: There should be a placard listing the recommended pressures. And back then it used to be in various places. So first...Look on the drivers side door sill and the front passenger side door sill.

If not there, look on the rear of the drivers door and front passenger doors. The part of the door where the latch is, that you cant see when the door is closed.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

bbf2530

40 psi- read the tire's sidewall.

Hi ballyhoo. The pressure on the tire sidewall is the "maximum cold inflation pressure" that the tire can safely be inflated to. It is not the recommended tire pressure by the auto manufacturer.

No tire expert will recommend inflating to the "maximum cold pressure". Not even the tire manufacturers (just check their websites). In fact, the tire manufacturers themselves tell us to follow the auto manufacturers recommendation. Again, just check their websites, or the website of any expert tire source.

Good luck.

Sav_Age2003

Hi Sav. If o one else here can help: There should be a placard listing the recommended pressures. And back then it used to be in various places. So first...Look on the drivers side door sill and the front passenger side door sill.

If not there, look on the rear of the drivers door and front passenger doors. The part of the door where the latch is, that you cant see when the door is closed.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.
Hey man, I know it sounds like a Lincoln owner shouldn’t miss the placard, but I didn’t know where it was until you told me. It said 32, thank you for helping me

Sav_Age2003

Funny thing is
google is your friend (sometimes). Tirepressure.org says 32psi front and rear for all trim levels in '99
Funny thing is when I googled it, I got “36 in back, 34 in front”, and Walmart put 35 in both. Placard says 32 in both though 👍

bbf2530

Hey man, I know it sounds like a Lincoln owner shouldn’t miss the placard, but I didn’t know where it was until you told me. It said 32, thank you for helping me

Hi Sav_Age. You are very welcome. And out of curiosity...Where was the placard located on your vehicle?

Good luck.