Tire pressure sensors on a 2010 T/C

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

Towncarlimoguy

Hello people. Been a while. So when I’m on the highway for a while the Tire sensor fault lights up. The little insignia comes on blinking for a few then just stays solid and yes, it does say “tire sensor fault”..I bought a reset tool and tried that once but I’ve since forgotten the procedure and can’t find the directions. Lol. Now I’m thinking I’m just going to buy new sensors. However, I was told that this cat may have this wrap around the wheel band sensors. I’m not sure which to buy now, the regular or the wrap around. Any help would be appreciated. Love the car!! Has a few things my 05 didn’t which is why I got rid of that gem of a Town Car.

oktowncar

Hello people. Been a while. So when I’m on the highway for a while the Tire sensor fault lights up. The little insignia comes on blinking for a few then just stays solid and yes, it does say “tire sensor fault”..I bought a reset tool and tried that once but I’ve since forgotten the procedure and can’t find the directions. Lol. Now I’m thinking I’m just going to buy new sensors. However, I was told that this cat may have this wrap around the wheel band sensors. I’m not sure which to buy now, the regular or the wrap around. Any help would be appreciated. Love the car!! Has a few things my 05 didn’t which is why I got rid of that gem of a Town Car.
According to the RockAuto site the Motorcraft part number for the sensors are :MOTORCRAFT TPMS3

Towncarlimoguy

According to the RockAuto site the Motorcraft part number for the sensors are :MOTORCRAFT TPMS3
That's confusing me a little. I see the band and I see just a blue thing that I guess is the sensor itself...I put in Motorcraft tpms3 and got nothing.

Towncarlimoguy

It's confusing because there are two methods to getting TPMS, the band style or the newer style. Personally I would go with the newer style sensors as opposed to the band, but that's all personal preference.
That’s exactly where my confusion lies. Can I go with the newer version? No band. I didn’t even know about the band until someone mentioned it up the street over here. Now I don’t know which one I have or if I can just use a regular one if in fact I have the band. Lol

raiderfan247365

Western Oregon
That’s exactly where my confusion lies. Can I go with the newer version? No band. I didn’t even know about the band until someone mentioned it up the street over here. Now I don’t know which one I have or if I can just use a regular one if in fact I have the band. Lol
Lol, yea, if you don't know which is currently installed it would make it harder to choose. You might be able to tell by the air valve for the tire, I think the TPMS valve look a little different. I imagine that if you have bands and want to switch styles, you would need to remove the bands and then program new set.

bbf2530

Hi Tclg. According to all professional information I have seen (not just forum chatter): No, you can not interchange band-type and valve-type TPMS sensors. Whatever your car came with is what you need to replace them with.

If you are still confused by the information others gave you here, simply stop by the Parts Department at your local Lincoln Ford or Dealer and ask them what part numbers you need and their cost. Then you can purchase there or take the part numbers and shop around.

Good luck.

Last edited:

raiderfan247365

Western Oregon
Hi Tclg. No, you can not interchange band-type and valve-type TPMS sensors. Whatever your car came with is what you need to replace them with.

If you are still confused by the information others gave you here, simply stop by the Parts Department at your local Lincoln Ford or Dealer and ask them what part numbers you need and theri cost. Then you can purcahse there or take the part numbers and shop around.

Good luck.
I hear you, but I had an 09' that came with bands and was able to reprogram to the newer style so it is for sure possible 🤷🏽‍♂️ Rock Auto also sells both styles for the TC as well.

bbf2530

I hear you, but I had an 09' that came with bands and was able to reprogram to the newer style so it is for sure possible 🤷🏽‍♂️ Rock Auto also sells both styles for the TC as well.
Hi Raiderfan. I actually edited my previous reply before I saw this reply from you. If there is a way for it to be done, that is great.

If it can be done, hopefully Tclg can find the correct part numbers and make the change over on his Town Car.

Good luck.

Towncarlimoguy

Lol, yea, if you don't know which is currently installed it would make it harder to choose. You might be able to tell by the air valve for the tire, I think the TPMS valve look a little different. I imagine that if you have bands and want to switch styles, you would need to remove the bands and then program new set.
Ok. I would prefer no bands so I’ll get the no bands style and 315mhz which I believe all Fords use after a certain year. Thanks for clearing that up.