Tire Chains? On a Lincoln Town Car?

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

wihr

Chains are often required to go east from Portland, Oregon, up highway 30 to Mount Hood and Government Camp (4000 ft). Other times you just required to carry them. I have used them many Winters on my 1970 VW Camper to get from Portland to Government Camp. However. after almost spinning out after skiing on Mt. Hood I changed to studded tires front and rear. I can not imagine what studded tires would cost for a Town Car and you cannot use them except during the snow season. The legally must be removed. Another hassle.

Hound Dog

Just buy a Ram truck with air suspension. I have one with standard springs and have to say it is a pretty nice ride. Certainly does better in the snow.

Hound Dog

Gentlemen do not drive trucks! In fact, gentlemen should not drive cars with more than two seats. It is sometime a pain to drive my Town Car. I should have a driver.
Looks like you fell off your high horse and bumped your head!🤣😂🤣

Although, I wish pickups went back to having 2 seats. The 4 door trucks these days that have cabs bigger than the beds are great for the soccer moms of the world but if you use the bed and not a kid hauler it kills the point of a truck...🤨

I do like the idea of having a driver though! 😃

DoubleJ

How about aluminum trucks with V-6 engines that are 11 feet tall but you can't put a plow on them because they'll bend...and don't forget 10 speed transmissions shared with the Camaro! Go Ford!

Jaskim06

Just how big a boy are ya?
If you don't get it look up Roy D Mercer. He was a character on country radio who had a song of same title. He'd call up places and say he broke whatever and needed a new one, money or he was gonna go there and whip someone's ass, so he'd say how big a boy are ya? Funny the things we remember when we see, hear or read things. Roy was good for a laugh. Long live Lincoln!!