Time to replace the A/C Compressor, Receiver/Dryer & Orifice tube...

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

aerovette99

Got the suction pump, gauges and a 30 lbs tank that has 2 valves, so I don't pollute the air.
System still works fine and no real a/c issue other than a short in the compressor, so I'm not sure a flush will be necessary until I pull the orifice tube to see if it is loaded with metal shavings. I hate to keep the system open for any period of time.
Does anyone have the factory a/c manual pages for a/c & dryer removal? Seems pretty cut and dry, but would like to make sure before proceeding.

Attachments

• Refrigerant Recovery Reclaim Cylinder Tank - 50lb Pound 400 PSI 899003000618 _ eBay-page-001.jpg
    Refrigerant Recovery Reclaim Cylinder Tank - 50lb Pound 400 PSI 899003000618 _ eBay-page-001.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 1

flaokie

Check ebay - depending on the year of your car, you might be able to get your very own service manual in CD or printed form for just a few dollars.

aerovette99

So I got the compressor in, but the aftermarket dryer would not install into the line properly, so I used the original OEM dryer and it snapped in in a second. Replaced the Serpentine Belt and we now have COLD A/C.... New problem arose though, that I didn't have before doing this repair. No heat when warmed up and now it is overheating.
I burped the system and that didn't do anything. Lower hose is cool, while the upper hose is hot as hell. Thermostat or waterpump????? I only removed the reservoir and replaced the belt and the compressor. Coincidence?? Damn..... NEXT....