• If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense...

Tilt Steering not working properly

BPapkin48

Like the MKX tilt steering wheel issue I have the same problem on my 2011 MKS. Thought the EPAS recall was a related issue but not so. The wheel still doesn't tilt fully up or down. Anyone else have the issue? The Lincoln dealer said that one cable was broken and the steering column was cracked. Anyone have any info?

bneber

I have the same problem. Steering wheel will telescope, but not tilt down. I took my car in last oil change, and I was told that I needed to replace the steering column. Apparently, there are motors in the steering column that control tilt, but they are part of the steering column and not sold separately. I was quoted over $2,000. Here is a link to the part - Ford City Parts. I ordered a junk yard part, but it looked pretty rusted, so I may spring for the new part and try to replace myself.

Does anyone have experience replacing a steering column? If so, (i) do you have any pointers and (ii) would you recommend a particular repair manual (so many of them these days skip important steps and do not have pictures)?

Any response is much appreciated. Thanks!

HTML