Third brake light for 2017 MKX

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

imthduke

Can anyone direct me to vid or instructions on install of 2017 third brake light? The car wash tore the lens off mine and the only thing I have been able to find on install of a new one is earlier than 2017. The old unit is still there without the lens. I need instructions of how the old one come out to install a new one. Thanks for any help.

powellb

Can anyone direct me to vid or instructions on install of 2017 third brake light? The car wash tore the lens off mine and the only thing I have been able to find on install of a new one is earlier than 2017. The old unit is still there without the lens. I need instructions of how the old one come out to install a new one. Thanks for any help.
checking to see if you got an answer for this outside of this site, as I am dealing with the exact same issue with my 2016 MKX

Kylec123

Same issue with car wash on my 2018 mkx. Bought the replacement from dealer by 2+months for them to install. Cant get the right tool to remove the 6 screws holding on the spoiler

Nice to see I'm in good company. The same exact thing happened to my 2017 MKX yesterday at the car wash.

Could someone please tell me if just the missing lens can be replaced or do I have to buy the entire light assembly?

What will the light cost over the Lincoln parts counter?

G-467157

checking to see if you got an answer for this outside of this site, as I am dealing with the exact same issue with my 2016 MKX
It's really not the easy. Once you get the six screws off. the a number of clips under the spoiler that needs to be popped. I had a mechanic in my neighborhood replace mine but Your Mechanic will replace it for $130.00 if you have the part.
The mechanic instruction manual for the Ford Edge may be able to help you out.