The OOPS message - something went wrong

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
Hi Sal,
The OOPS message that something has gone wrong is showing up more frequently. The message comes up after posting and the post may have actually worked. If you press the post button again then you get a duplicate post.

Take care,
Art

Administrator

Lincoln Fanatic
Staff member
Hi Sal,
The OOPS message that something has gone wrong is showing up more frequently. The message comes up after posting and the post may have actually worked. If you press the post button again then you get a duplicate post.

Take care,
Art
This is going to be tough to fix as there are no errors being reported in the back end. If this happens again, please let me know.

Thank you!

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
Hi Sal,

Today I got the Oops message after pressing the "Reply" button on a post. I did a print screen and created a pdf for you as promised. This is the first time it has occurred since my earlier post on 16 June 2020. No problem getting out of the issue.

Take care,
Art

Attachments

Administrator

Lincoln Fanatic
Staff member
Hi Sal,

Today I got the Oops message after pressing the "Reply" button on a post. I did a print screen and created a pdf for you as promised. This is the first time it has occurred since my earlier post on 16 June 2020. No problem getting out of the issue.

Take care,
Art
Thank you. That message pops up when you submit a new topic - or submit a reply to a topic - without having any message typed in the text box...

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
Thank you. That message pops up when you submit a new topic - or submit a reply to a topic - without having any message typed in the text box...
Hi Sal,
No that is not quite right.

I have had the message come up after writing a response and then pressing the "Post reply" button when creating a new thread and when posting a reply to someone else's thread. The confusion there is that you don't know if your post was successful or not. It is usually successful because I had duplicate posts that sometimes I was able to blank out and write something else. Then I learned not to press the "Post reply" button a second time.

In this latest incident I just pressed the Reply button in order to write a response on the original poster's post and the Oops message appeared, so nothing written as my response. I exited without doing anything further and posted my experience. I later went back and posted a reply on that post and all went well. Never had this type of issue before.

Take care,
Art

Administrator

Lincoln Fanatic
Staff member
Hi Sal,

I have had the message come up after writing a response and then pressing the "Post reply" button when creating a new thread and when posting a reply to someone else's thread. The confusion there is that you don't know if your post was successful or not. It is usually successful because I had duplicate posts that sometimes I was able to blank out and write something else. Then I learned not to press the "Post reply" button a second time.

In this latest incident I just pressed the Reply button in order to write a response on the original poster's post and the Oops message appeared, so nothing written as my response. I exited without doing anything further and posted my experience. I later went back and posted a reply on that post and all went well. Never had this type of issue before.

Take care,
Art
For the time being I think it's a mystery of the unexplained. The only advice I can give is to clear your browser cache and cookies for lincolnforums.com and restart your web browser. You should need to log back in. If that doesn't fix it, then I have no idea what's going on. Right now I'm not hearing that this is happening to anyone else - and that makes it especially difficult to figure out...

CARR142

CHERRY HILL, NJ
Hi Sal,

Take care,
Art
Town, what browser are you using?

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
For the time being I think it's a mystery of the unexplained. The only advice I can give is to clear your browser cache and cookies for lincolnforums.com and restart your web browser. You should need to log back in. If that doesn't fix it, then I have no idea what's going on. Right now I'm not hearing that this is happening to anyone else - and that makes it especially difficult to figure out...
Being that I am the only one with this issue, your advice seems logical.

Multitask

Current Chrome is 85.xxxxx make sure you are there... my work is still on 81....
try with Firefox
I'll assume Mac, so malwarebytes does exist for Mac, see if it finds anything.... could be you were compromised...

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
Current Chrome is 85.xxxxx make sure you are there... my work is still on 81....
try with Firefox
I'll assume Mac, so malwarebytes does exist for Mac, see if it finds anything.... could be you were compromised...
Thanks for your concern and help. My Google Chrome version is 84.0.4147.89 and is up to date according to Google. May be a Canadian thing.
My PC operating system is Windows 10 and I have never used Mac. My security software runs frequently and has not found any problems.

HTML