The best synthetic oil for later 2003-2011 Lincoln Town Car(s).

Norms1stTC

I don't use the high mileage , I use Motorcraft blend 5w20, with a Motorcraft filter, .... If I was to go full syn oil, I'd probably opt for Amsoil which I use it exclusely for my 2013 HD Ultra Classic in all 3 holes... Trans, oil, and primary. Smooth shifting and better protection from the heat in the hot summer months with 90 degree plus weather and 100% humidity in an air cooled engine, it's been pretty stellar so far.

Corsart

This is where the petroleum engineers among us come into play. Should we use high-mileage synthetic oils?
No, if you got this far, continue your diet. The most important determinant of which brand or type of oil is that it meets or exceeds the stds. set by Ford. How the petro engineers meet those stds..which base oils they use and which additives, is largely irrelevant.

I use Mobil One, the "Regular" formulation from new with an MC filter and change both at 5000 miles.

dave42

Leander, TX C.K.U.
I don't know what was used in my '03 before I got it at 96K, but for the last 99K I have used Walmart's Supertech full synthetic. It matches Mobil 1 synth in tests at a lower cost. I have my changes done at Walmart and have them substitute the Supertech for whatever they were going to use, and a Motorcraft filter. Costs less than a standard oil change at a lube place.

Corsart

I don't know what was used in my '03 before I got it at 96K, but for the last 99K I have used Walmart's Supertech full synthetic. It matches Mobil 1 synth in tests at a lower cost. I have my changes done at Walmart and have them substitute the Supertech for whatever they were going to use, and a Motorcraft filter. Costs less than a standard oil change at a lube place.
Dave, Super Tech is made by Warren Labs, and is an A+ independent petro company, use with confidence. Meets or exceeds all the requirements for your car, especially with the MC filter. As a precaution, remind the oil service tech the amount of oil to be used, otherwise you're golden.

dave42

Leander, TX C.K.U.
Dave, Super Tech is made by Warren Labs, and is an A+ independent petro company, use with confidence. Meets or exceeds all the requirements for your car, especially with the MC filter. As a precaution, remind the oil service tech the amount of oil to be used, otherwise you're golden.
Yes, I do remind them that it takes 6 quarts. Now that I think on it, last time I was in for a change they were out of Motorcraft filters. I needed it changed then, so had them use a Mobil 1 filter.

Corsart

Yes, I do remind them that it takes 6 quarts. Now that I think on it, last time I was in for a change they were out of Motorcraft filters. I needed it changed then, so had them use a Mobil 1 filter.
Mobil filters are made by Champion, and they're fine (although I prefer MC based on test results and my own independent, cutting 'em open observations). I tend to be overprotective generally so my only worry when others touch my car is that they do so conscientiously, so in your case, making sure they add the right amount/type of oil, use the right spec'd filter, and that everything is buttoned up,and check all those boxes before you drive off.

wolf_walker

This is the go-to place for oil talk Bob Is The Oil Guy

I use Pennzoil Platinum high mileage 5w30 since it's pretty easy to find and cheap enough, I still aim for 3K but when life or weather happens and
it's 4K, no sweat. I'd be willing to bet this oil is fine to 5-6K. The previous owner of my 04 ran Motorcraft semi synthetic 5w20 and a motorcraft filter
from 30K to 218K he claimed, and I've been on the full syn with motorcraft filter till the 240K I rolled the other week, uses no oil and I suspect the timing stuff is original still. I do have either a lifter tick when cold or some timing stuff making mild noise till warm, it's ambient temp dependant on how long it make noise (20 sec to 5 min summer/winter) and hasn't gotten any worse the last 20K. I wouldn't spend a ton of money on synthetic but something like this pennzoil is cheap enough, I get it on amazon usually for $22 shipped for a 5 qt jug, walmart is about the same, higher at parts stores. Last I looked the oil guy forum dudes were pretty happy with it.

04 LTC

Chicago
Warren full synthetic 5w20 from either Wal Mart or Costco. Motorcraft filter. 5K interval. Related question...is there an oil filter relocation kit that anyone has had success with?

Corsart

Warren full synthetic 5w20 from either Wal Mart or Costco. Motorcraft filter. 5K interval. Related question...is there an oil filter relocation kit that anyone has had success with?
Relo filter kits are basically the same, you want to avoid as many bends in the tubing as possible when selecting the location.

dave42

Leander, TX C.K.U.
Ford makes a shield to fit under the Panthers during oil changes to guide the oil away down to the pan. P/n is 5W1Z-6N634-AA

Here's one on ebay for $26:

04 LTC

Chicago
Ford makes a shield to fit under the Panthers during oil changes to guide the oil away down to the pan. P/n is 5W1Z-6N634-AA

Here's one on ebay for $26:
Ordered. Thank you.

ogre01

When changing my filters I usually take two walmart plastic bags kind of shoved up around the filter and use my hand to unscrew through the bottom of the bag. Keeps it pretty clean, unless you get two bags with holes in the bottom which happens more frequently than I like. Shield is cool, but garage space for storage stuff is very limited for me. Its not perfect, and it can be a pain if the bag twists up, but convenient enough for side of the street mechanicin'.

DCamM

Not sure if I’m allowed to post this. I’m not trying to sell anything.
GET A $22 SHELL GIFT CARD WITH A QUALIFYING PENNZOIL PLATINUM® FULL SYNTHETIC MOTOR OIL PURCHASE. Offer ends 3/14/21.