Test area

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
Hi Sal,
Some members may need a Test area to practice features that are unfamiliar without filling their desired forum with mistakes. Another aspect is some new posts are complicated and not very easy to develop in one session on the forum. Posting and then editing will be confusing to members reading it.

Do you have a Test area where a member can partially create a post and save it in the Test and come back to the post and update it and save it? Once a finished product is established then be able to post a new thread in a particular forum or add a post to an existing thread in a forum.

Just wondering out loud.

Take care,
Art

Administrator

Lincoln Fanatic
Staff member
Hi Sal,
Some members may need a Test area to practice features that are unfamiliar without filling their desired forum with mistakes. Another aspect is some new posts are complicated and not very easy to develop in one session on the forum. Posting and then editing will be confusing to members reading it.

Do you have a Test area where a member can partially create a post and save it in the Test and come back to the post and update it and save it? Once a finished product is established then be able to post a new thread in a particular forum or add a post to an existing thread in a forum.

Just wondering out loud.

Take care,
Art
I think the lounge would work for this:

As long as they post something to the affect that they're posting just to test something, it shouldn't bother anyone...

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
Hi Sal,

As per your advice, I created this thread: TEST of proposed post on AWD Continental operation in the Lounge area. After many iterations and some positive reviews, posted it in the Continental forum.

At first I tried a copy and paste in edit mode, but I can only copy a small amount of text. So I tried copying the whole text not in edit mode and it worked to create a new thread in the Continental forum with a new introduction to avoid a total copy. It worked perfectly.

Thank you for your good advice, now I know what to do.

Take care,
Art

Administrator

Lincoln Fanatic
Staff member
Hi Sal,

As per your advice, I created this thread: TEST of proposed post on AWD Continental operation in the Lounge area. After many iterations and some positive reviews, posted it in the Continental forum.

At first I tried a copy and paste in edit mode, but I can only copy a small amount of text. So I tried copying the whole text not in edit mode and it worked to create a new thread in the Continental forum with a new introduction to avoid a total copy. It worked perfectly.

Thank you for your good advice, now I know what to do.

Take care,
Art
Thank you very much, Art! All's well that ends well. :)

HTML