Temperature Display

KC10Ace

Intriguing. My 2020 Reserve has this, and it is definitely a great feature. My theory is supply chains. These little displays look like OLED to me, and working in the electronics industry I know that supply chains have been completely messed up due to COVID recently. I think an initial drop in supply, followed by a completely unexpected rise in demand caused this. Some of my suppliers are quoting 26 week!!!! lead times....for parts that used to be stock.

If Ford suddenly found itself in this situation, I could very well see them "removing" the feature on certain vehicles and replacing it with software/main screen.

On the vehicles that are missing this feature, what is in the spot where the little display window is supposed to be?

This is simply a theory, but given the current global situation, and my own experience in manufacturing, I wouldn't be surprised. There will be no way to verify this with Ford though.
Nothing. Its just a black area where the LED display should be (see picture on 3rd post in this thread). I agree with the supply chain, and I definitely understand it, but they shouldn't let this slide, especially on their top trim level. Or at least inform me that when the supply is back to bring it in and they'll fix it. Granted, I am sure the average consumer wouldn't notice this but the average consumer doesn't spend $85k+ on a car and I would like to think most people who get a black label trim have decent attention to detail.

I thought Lincoln was trying to differentiate itself from other car companies? This falls right into the same category as other car companies and makes me think someone higher up monitoring the supply thought to themselves "oh, we don't have those LED's in stock, build it without it, the customer won't notice."

KC10Ace

Just watch the above review, it is a poorly organized review with no sound, but the temperature display window worked when he hit the defroster button, it displays hi/low. Interesting.

You can see the LED window there even when it doesn't display "HI" or "LO". I bet he would see the individual temperature selected as well if he wasn't in the AUTO setting. My 2021 appears to not even have that little LED window what so ever.

wheeling

That may be true. But that is a Korea version. So I don't buy the supply chain explanation. It may be just a cost cutting.

LincolnFanFl

All I can say is that my MY20 Black Label GT which is a September 2020 build has those windows with the display of the set temperature. I know for sure because when I recently did all the programming, I also switched it from F to C and so did the display in the little windows.

ncnmra

Nothing. Its just a black area where the LED display should be (see picture on 3rd post in this thread). I agree with the supply chain, and I definitely understand it, but they shouldn't let this slide, especially on their top trim level.

This would piss me off to no end. Especially when it is done seemingly at random and in a secretive fashion. Regarding the "black area", I'm wondering if you look closer, under specific light, if you can see an opening there. See the photo I attached. The cover is black, but if you look at the right angle/light, you can clearly see that there is something in there.

I'm really curious if they just blanked it out completely, or if they simply didn't install the OLED module. Additionally, I'm wondering if there is just a software issue/bug......these vehicles have lots of them.

fr_8957_size880.jpg

ncnmra

That may be true. But that is a Korea version. So I don't buy the supply chain explanation. It may be just a cost cutting.
I don't know what being a Korean version would have to do with anything. It could very well be that Ford got cut off from the parts mid production and needed to make a quick choice. ie: halt the entire 2021 line, or put the temperature display somewhere else and pretend the feature didn't exist? If it were "cost cutting", I can't see it happening mid-production year, but who knows.

WKDANI

I have a 2021 Reserve 2, Monochromatic and there are no digital temperature displays above the toggle switch. I agree it would have been nice to have.

KC10Ace

Ill give an update to this next week. Taking my car in to have the passenger side Aviator badge replaced as it is already coming off of the car smh. Not sure how Lincoln is trying to compete with top Luxury car manufactures when their attention to detail on small things is abysmal at best. The Germans would definitely laugh at this.

Dont get me wrong, I absolutely love my car but if these trends continue I will make sure everyone knows about them.

died4me

Ill give an update to this next week. Taking my car in to have the passenger side Aviator badge replaced as it is already coming off of the car smh. Not sure how Lincoln is trying to compete with top Luxury car manufactures when their attention to detail on small things is abysmal at best. The Germans would definitely laugh at this.

Dont get me wrong, I absolutely love my car but if these trends continue I will make sure everyone knows about them.
Is there any update on this matter?
I bought GT and has no display above the temp toggle switches. But I see some GTs have them. I cannot accept if this is a random supply issue.

gasha

I checked all the 2021 on the lot and they do not have the temp display on the ac console. My 2021
gt does not have it. The dealer was not very knowledgeable about the aviators. He was unaware of the Chinese version.

On another note, I did notice the passenger side Aviator badge was lifting away from the body. It has some black glue and a snap that doesn't stay when pushed in. I carefully checked mine and it was in tact--for now.

died4me

I checked all the 2021 on the lot and they do not have the temp display on the ac console. My 2021
gt does not have it. The dealer was not very knowledgeable about the aviators. He was unaware of the Chinese version.

On another note, I did notice the passenger side Aviator badge was lifting away from the body. It has some black glue and a snap that doesn't stay when pushed in. I carefully checked mine and it was in tact--for now.
Thank you for the reply. I will visit the dealer tomorrow. I guess the salesperson would not know about the change then.

Corsart

I think the delete is a (very poorly thought out) cost cutting measure, my '20 Corsair has them yet the '21's do not....among a few other niceties we expect in a luxury car. As I've said, Lincoln will manage to snatch sales defeat here from the jaws of success, as the cars themselves are truly excellent and deserve these little touches.

jackchester

On my 2021 Reserve II I don't have the temp being displayed on the console either. When I take it in for the initial service, oil change and tire rotation, I will make an inquiry. It could be a while since I only have 1800 miles on it after 2 months so I will follow this thread until then.

Corsart

On my 2021 Reserve II I don't have the temp being displayed on the console either. When I take it in for the initial service, oil change and tire rotation, I will make an inquiry. It could be a while since I only have 1800 miles on it after 2 months so I will follow this thread until then.
Jack, you can ask, but this feature has been deleted across the line. it might be more helpful to tell Lincoln when they contact you for the initial quality survey. They need to hear clients notice these things and don't like it.

KC10Ace

+1. I haven't had an update to this at all. Lincoln did however reapply some adhesive to the passenger side badging. It doesn't bother me that the temperature display is not there. It does, however, bother me that Lincoln apparently didn't inform the consumers of this change.

died4me

+1. I haven't had an update to this at all. Lincoln did however reapply some adhesive to the passenger side badging. It doesn't bother me that the temperature display is not there. It does, however, bother me that Lincoln apparently didn't inform the consumers of this change.
I completely agree with you. It is not too critical whether the display is there or not. But Lincoln was so sneaky about this change. Not credible.

Corsart

"Sneaky"? That would suggest either active deception, or over personalization of a corporate decision primarily to save money and increase profits (or cut losses) The Ford Motor Company is under no legal or ethical obligation to inform the public about changes to the content of their cars. Actually, if you read the fine print, they make an explicit claim that allows them to make modifications as necessary. The issue is what constitutes "Necessary". If they removed a feature on your car w/o informing you and w/o substantial safety reasons, then that would be wrong. But, as it stands now, removing these features in subsequent model years is more a bad marketing move than anything "Sneaky".