Temperature Display

RAINEY

Took my new 21 Reserve II to the shop this morning. 980 miles and the service light is on. Had a few items for the dealer to address. I mentioned the temp displays to the service writer. He was surprised the one I test drove had it and the one I bought did not. Both were Reserve II's stickerd $84,500. Same everything except the one I bought had all weather floormats added to the window sticker.

wheeling

Took my new 21 Reserve II to the shop this morning. 980 miles and the service light is on. Had a few items for the dealer to address. I mentioned the temp displays to the service writer. He was surprised the one I test drove had it and the one I bought did not. Both were Reserve II's stickerd $84,500. Same everything except the one I bought had all weather floormats added to the window sticker.
Will the dealer address the display for you?

wheeling

I took today off and tested a 2021 Reserve II, there is no temperature display above the controller. , there is no display windows what's so ever. The salesman of course knew nothing about it. But he did allow me to look at other 2021s. So I did look the other three on the lot, including a basic and the GT. None of them had the display. So they did delete that feature, without telling anyone.

KC10Ace

I took today off and tested a 2021 Reserve II, there is no temperature display above the controller. , there is no display windows what's so ever. The salesman of course knew nothing about it. But he did allow me to look at other 2021s. So I did look the other three on the lot, including a basic and the GT. None of them had the display. So they did delete that feature, without telling anyone.

Wonder what the reason for this is? Like I said before, its not really a big deal because it does show on the main display but it was more of a principle thing to me.

wheeling

If this is by design, they should let the consumers know. I doubt that will save Lincoln any money. If it is not, then they should replace it with the display. It is not a big deal, but should be clear upfront.

KC10Ace

So I am confused. A 2020 GT does not have it but a 2020 Reserve II does? Some 2021 have it, others don't. Something is not right. Seams like its hit or miss, which without a consumer notification further proves to me that Lincoln is doing whatever is easier/available at the production line.

KC10Ace

That doesn't make any sense. It is the same control unit. Delete the temperature display would not save Lincoln any money, actually may cost more due to change, and make the cabin less attractive. Nowhere in the documentation does Lincoln say the temperature display will be eliminated.
Would you happen to have a copy or location of this documentation?

olschooldude

So I am confused. A 2020 GT does not have it but a 2020 Reserve II does? Some 2021 have it, others don't. Something is not right. Seams like its hit or miss, which without a consumer notification further proves to me that Lincoln is doing whatever is easier/available at the production line.
Could it be related to the type/style of the center console? I think there are at least 3 different styles/colors, like silver, woodgrain or black.

KC10Ace

I am not sure the center console has anything to do with it. I went into the dealership today to pick up tags and I asked to look at another 2021 model. It was a Reserve II and it as well did not have the temperature display on the center control. It was just an empty black outline of where the 2020 models showed the temperature.

The salesman stated they got rid of that for 2021 models but that is kinda hard to believe. I asked if they had any sort of documentation showing what is different between the 2020 and the 2021 models but the only thing he offered up was the window sticker which does do any good.

Any Lincoln reps on here?

RAINEY

I am not sure the center console has anything to do with it. I went into the dealership today to pick up tags and I asked to look at another 2021 model. It was a Reserve II and it as well did not have the temperature display on the center control. It was just an empty black outline of where the 2020 models showed the temperature.

The salesman stated they got rid of that for 2021 models but that is kinda hard to believe. I asked if they had any sort of documentation showing what is different between the 2020 and the 2021 models but the only thing he offered up was the window sticker which does do any good.

Any Lincoln reps on here?
The 21 GT Reserve II that I test drove definitely had the digital display above the control switches. Funny thing is that I never noticed my 21 GT Reserve II not having it until I read this thread. I even went back to the dealer that I test drove it and it certainly has the display as well as the auto heated and ventilated seats.

oldcarnut

This is correct. Even on other 2021's when the car is off you can distinctly see a "window" where the temperature will display once the car is turned on. Mine its as if its just a unused piece of console. I would think that a Black Label has everything the Reserve II has and some and it should be there.

I spoke with Lincoln Concierge about it because the sales associate where I bought it from had no idea what I was talking about. The concierge said its not supposed to be how mine is and that it may require a software update and that I should take it into the service department.

My thoughts are either 1 of 2 things happened. 1. software glitch or 2. Lincoln cheaped out trying to quick build this for me when I ordered it back in September. If its the latter I will be somewhat disappointed and that will most definitely leave a salty taste behind.

I will keep you guys posted in case someone else runs across this in the future.

Any other 2021 Black Label owners around that have some input? Thanks in advance.

-KC
Yep my Black Label has the same issue. I'm just gunna wait until my first scheduled service to have it looked at since the temp does show up on the 10" display. But yeah, seems strange that they would delete the smaller indicators above the knobs. Other than that, well and the unfortunate fact that these front seat bottoms are HARD after a couple hours I love this car!!!! Don't seem to have noticed the seat problem in the Navigator we rented.

oldcarnut

I have to say I am quite surprised at the lack of product knowledge the Lincoln salespeople have. Pretty scary when you know more about the car than the guy/girl/?? selling it!!

ncnmra

Intriguing. My 2020 Reserve has this, and it is definitely a great feature. My theory is supply chains. These little displays look like OLED to me, and working in the electronics industry I know that supply chains have been completely messed up due to COVID recently. I think an initial drop in supply, followed by a completely unexpected rise in demand caused this. Some of my suppliers are quoting 26 week!!!! lead times....for parts that used to be stock.

If Ford suddenly found itself in this situation, I could very well see them "removing" the feature on certain vehicles and replacing it with software/main screen.

On the vehicles that are missing this feature, what is in the spot where the little display window is supposed to be?

This is simply a theory, but given the current global situation, and my own experience in manufacturing, I wouldn't be surprised. There will be no way to verify this with Ford though.

oldcarnut

Intriguing. My 2020 Reserve has this, and it is definitely a great feature. My theory is supply chains. These little displays look like OLED to me, and working in the electronics industry I know that supply chains have been completely messed up due to COVID recently. I think an initial drop in supply, followed by a completely unexpected rise in demand caused this. Some of my suppliers are quoting 26 week!!!! lead times....for parts that used to be stock.

If Ford suddenly found itself in this situation, I could very well see them "removing" the feature on certain vehicles and replacing it with software/main screen.

On the vehicles that are missing this feature, what is in the spot where the little display window is supposed to be?

This is simply a theory, but given the current global situation, and my own experience in manufacturing, I wouldn't be surprised. There will be no way to verify this with Ford though.
That makes sense! I suppose so long as it is indicated somewhere we shouldn't complain...:)

wheeling

Just watch the above review, it is a poorly organized review with no sound, but the temperature display window worked when he hit the defroster button, it displays hi/low. Interesting.