Temperature Display

KC10Ace

Hello all,

I looked around and didn't see a thread on this so if I missed something please point me in the right direction. My question is, did they do away with the temperature display above the temperature controls on the 2021? I could have sworn that I saw LED temperature displayed above the temperature selector (both driver and passenger) on the center console on the 2020. Not a big deal if they did away with it, but would be a nice touch to view the temperature somewhere other than the 10 inch display.

Thanks in advance,

KC10

wheeling

The temperature should be displayed right above the temperature adjust levels.

Attachments

• 2020-lincoln-aviator-grand-touring-phev-110-1572758992.jpg
    2020-lincoln-aviator-grand-touring-phev-110-1572758992.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 32

wheeling

I think you need to pay your dealer a visit. They should fix it for you. That is definitely a defect.

KC10Ace

From all the photos from the lincoln website for 2021 it also shows no digital display there? Are you seeing the same thing? Thanks for your quick responses.

wheeling

Other 2021 owners can verify this. I just don't see the logic to eliminate the temperature display. YOU can check other Aviators on your dealers lot.

RAINEY

My 21 GT Reserve II doesn't have the temp right above toggle switches either. When I adjust the temp, it appears on the main screen. Thinking back I am very sure a 21 Reserve II had the temp right above the switches. Weird.

wheeling

That doesn't make any sense. It is the same control unit. Delete the temperature display would not save Lincoln any money, actually may cost more due to change, and make the cabin less attractive. Nowhere in the documentation does Lincoln say the temperature display will be eliminated.

RAINEY

Now the temps show up on the upper left and right hand corners of the infotainment/control screen. I'm not sure why some 21's have it and some don't. I know several domestic and import auto manufacturers are having supply issues due to Covid.

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
Could this be something in the Aviator that is based on whether the vehicle has a HUD? Or is that even offered in the Aviator? On the Navigator, the temperature selected is always shown on the HUD, but it is not shown at the physical controls.

RAINEY

Aviator has HUD on certain trim packages. The 21 GT Reserve II that I test drove has the digital display right above the switches.

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
Aviator has HUD on certain trim packages. The 21 GT Reserve II that I test drove has the digital display right above the switches.
Okay. So, as I was asking, does the HUD eliminate the display at the physical controls? Downloadable manuals for this 2021 aren't available yet, so I can't tell. Doesn't seem like it should, but just asking.

RAINEY

Okay. So, as I was asking, does the HUD eliminate the display at the physical controls? Downloadable manuals for this 2021 aren't available yet, so I can't tell. Doesn't seem like it should, but just asking.
No, The GT Reserve II has HUD and the digital temp above the switches.

Last edited:

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
No, The GT Reserve II had HUD and the digital temp above the switches.
Sounds like a trim level feature for some reason. Someone mentioned above it is the same unit, but in pics I have seen, it appears that is not the case. The ones with the display have a little window where the display would appear. If yours or the OP has that, then I would think it SHOULD display, but I guess a dealer may know the answer.

wheeling

The above is a review of 2021 Reserve II and you can clearly see the temperature display on the control panel several times. So those don't have it, need to get it repaired.

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL

The above is a review of 2021 Reserve II and you can clearly see the temperature display on the control panel several times. So those don't have it, need to get it repaired.
Except that the image you posted is different from the image posted by @KC10Ace. The units themselves appear to be different in that yours has a little glass window, it appears, through which the temp display is shown. His appears to be just a solid surface through which no display would come through.

Someone at Lincoln ought to know the answer, but it just seems, for whatever reason, some units did not have ability to display a digital temp.

wheeling

I think it is the lighting conditions caused the difference. There is really no reason for Lincoln to delete that feature.

KC10Ace

Except that the image you posted is different from the image posted by @KC10Ace. The units themselves appear to be different in that yours has a little glass window, it appears, through which the temp display is shown. His appears to be just a solid surface through which no display would come through.

Someone at Lincoln ought to know the answer, but it just seems, for whatever reason, some units did not have ability to display a digital temp.

This is correct. Even on other 2021's when the car is off you can distinctly see a "window" where the temperature will display once the car is turned on. Mine its as if its just a unused piece of console. I would think that a Black Label has everything the Reserve II has and some and it should be there.

I spoke with Lincoln Concierge about it because the sales associate where I bought it from had no idea what I was talking about. The concierge said its not supposed to be how mine is and that it may require a software update and that I should take it into the service department.

My thoughts are either 1 of 2 things happened. 1. software glitch or 2. Lincoln cheaped out trying to quick build this for me when I ordered it back in September. If its the latter I will be somewhat disappointed and that will most definitely leave a salty taste behind.

I will keep you guys posted in case someone else runs across this in the future.

Any other 2021 Black Label owners around that have some input? Thanks in advance.

-KC