Technology Package - worth the upcharge?

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

Voidoid

Hi all - I’m about to place an order for a Corsair GT and am considering options. I plan to get the GT1 package (Elements and CoPilot360 Plus), and maybe if I’m feeling saucy the perfect position seats.

The Technology package is intriguing but the $3k price tag is a hangup. The wireless charging is handy, the HUD sounds interesting but not necessary by any means, but otherwise the additions seem useful but not quite worth the price tag.

Any experience with the Tech package? Any options included where you now realize, “wow, how did I live without that for so long?”

Appreciate the feedback!

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Marysville, Ohio
There is quite a bit to the Technology Package other than the HUD. The headlamps gave this model a boost in IIHS ratings to the highest level. Models without these headlamps get the next to highest rating.

That being said, I ordered the Technology Package for my vehicle. I haven't received my vehicle yet so I can't answer to real world experience.

Technology Package​

$3,000 S4​

SELECT
Technology Package Includes:
• Head-Up Display
• Jeweled LED Headlamps – Speed Dependent Lighting and Dynamic Bending
• Phone As A Key
• Premium Ambient Lighting– Lincoln Star Media Bin Light
• Additional Rear USB Ports (Types A + C) – Total Four(4) (including standard Two (2) Rear USB Ports(Types A + A)
• Wireless Charging Pad

SoCalDan

Hey Voidoid – I was on that fence with you. I ended up choosing NOT to pay the 3K, but it was a close call. Here was the thinking for my situation.

Love the HUD, and this feature does add value for me, but my experience with Audi’s HUD (in which they replace the windshield with a special one that has more reflectivity) showed me that it’s nice feature that looks cool, but is really rarely needed. I glance at the speedometer to know my speed, and the main screen if I need directions (though most of the time I know where I’m going). And the extra reflectivity is distracting. Curious if the GT also uses a different windshield for HUD…

Jeweled LED headlamps – almost worth the extra $$ - if I drove more at night, it would be a no-brainer, but I don’t so I really can’t justify.

Phone as a key – I would carry around the FOB anyways, in case my phone died, I misplaced it, or just for peace of mind.

Premium Ambient Lighting – nice, but doesn’t add much real value.

Additional rear USB ports (I guess a big family with lots of charging needs would value this)

Wireless charging is nice, but I don’t charge my phone in my car that often. Plugging in a cable once in a while isn’t that onerous, and doesn’t warrant that much spend.

So, given these considerations I couldn't justify the extra spend for me. It's only $50/mo for 5 years though, so not that big of an expense if your value prop differs than mine. :)

Last edited:

Pabaldeagle

SUPPORTING MEMBER
California
I ordered the tech package on my GT (due in October). I got it mostly for the headlights as I do drive at night and on country roads. The LEDs are what gave the Corsair the better safety rating. (here too)

I noticed something… If you’re ordering a 2022, be aware, according to the order guide elsewhere on this forum, the HUD is now part of a “luxury” package (66A - if I’m reading it correctly.) Good luck!

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Marysville, Ohio
I ordered the tech package on my GT (due in October). I got it mostly for the headlights as I do drive at night and on country roads. The LEDs are what gave the Corsair the better safety rating. (here too)

I noticed something… If you’re ordering a 2022, be aware, according to the order guide elsewhere on this forum, the HUD is now part of a “luxury” package (66A - if I’m reading it correctly.) Good luck!
Yeah, I think they repackaged some of the options for 2022 which isn't uncommon.

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Marysville, Ohio
Here is an excerpt from the 2022 order guide. It may make it less expensive to get the jewel LED headlights. We won't know that until they release pricing.

PACKAGES ● New/Changed: — Luxury Package (66A) available on Corsair Reserve (200A/201A) and Corsair Grand Touring (300A)★ ○ Head-Up Display ○ Revel® Audio System with 13-Speakers Note: Requires Elements Pkg. (671) on Reserve (200A/201A) Note: Requires Elements Pkg. #2 (67C) on Grand Touring (300A) — Elements Package (671) included on Corsair (101A)★ — Elements Technology Bundle (67C) now only available on Corsair Grand Touring (300A) includes features from both Elements Pkg. (671) and Technology Pkg. (53B)★ ○ Front LED Fog Lamps ○ Hands-Free Liftgate ○ Heated Rear Seat ○ Heated Steering Wheel ○ Jeweled LED Headlamps ■ Dynamic Bending ■ Speed Dependent LIghting

Last edited:

Voidoid

Here is an excerpt from the order guide. It may make it less expensive to get the jewel LED headlights. We won't know that until they release pricing.

PACKAGES ● New/Changed: — Luxury Package (66A) available on Corsair Reserve (200A/201A) and Corsair Grand Touring (300A)★ ○ Head-Up Display ○ Revel® Audio System with 13-Speakers Note: Requires Elements Pkg. (671) on Reserve (200A/201A) Note: Requires Elements Pkg. #2 (67C) on Grand Touring (300A) — Elements Package (671) included on Corsair (101A)★ — Elements Technology Bundle (67C) now only available on Corsair Grand Touring (300A) includes features from both Elements Pkg. (671) and Technology Pkg. (53B)★ ○ Front LED Fog Lamps ○ Hands-Free Liftgate ○ Heated Rear Seat ○ Heated Steering Wheel ○ Jeweled LED Headlamps ■ Dynamic Bending ■ Speed Dependent LIghting
Curiously, the 2021 model year Revel Audio includes 14 speakers, and 2022 info shows 13 speakers - I wonder which one they deleted? In any event, going to place the order for a 2021 rather than 2022. Just got my A/Z-plan PIN number and ready to pull the trigger.

bbf2530

Hi all - I’m about to place an order for a Corsair GT and am considering options. I plan to get the GT1 package (Elements and CoPilot360 Plus), and maybe if I’m feeling saucy the perfect position seats.

The Technology package is intriguing but the $3k price tag is a hangup. The wireless charging is handy, the HUD sounds interesting but not necessary by any means, but otherwise the additions seem useful but not quite worth the price tag.

Any experience with the Tech package? Any options included where you now realize, “wow, how did I live without that for so long?”

Appreciate the feedback!

Hi Voidoid. Concerning how to option a 2022, hopefully this may help: From the 2022 Corsair order Guide, Corsair GT section:

★Luxury Package 66A:
• Head-Up Display • Revel® Audio System
– 13-Speakers including Subwoofer
– HD Radio™
– MP3-Capable
– Satellite/AM/FM Stereo
Note: Requires Elements/Technology Pkg. #2 (67C)

Elements Technology Bundle 67C:
• Front LED Fog Lamps
• Hands-Free Liftgate • Heated Rear Seat • Heated Steering Wheel
• Jeweled LED Headlamps
– Dynamic Bending
– Speed Dependent Lighting • Perfect Position Seats (24-Way) Heated/Ventilated Power Driver and
Passenger Seats with Active Motion®, Leather-Trimmed with Power Lumbar,
Driver Seat Memory and Head Restraints
• Phone As A Key • Powerpoints – Additional Rear USB Ports (Types A + C) – Total Four (4)
(including standard Two (2) Rear USB Ports (Types A + A)
• Premium Ambient Lighting – Lincoln Star
• Rain Sensing Wipers • Windshield Wiper De-Icer
• Wireless Charging Pad

So to get the HUD (part of the "Luxury Package 66A" ), you must also order the "Elements Technology Bundle 67C".

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Last edited:

bbf2530

Curiously, the 2021 model year Revel Audio includes 14 speakers, and 2022 info shows 13 speakers - I wonder which one they deleted? In any event, going to place the order for a 2021 rather than 2022. Just got my A/Z-plan PIN number and ready to pull the trigger.

Hi Voidoid. According to the production information I can find, it is too late to factory order a 2021. The order bank has closed. But check with your Dealer for the final word.

They may be able to find an existing 2021 or end of production run 2021 that fits your likes, but I always recommend factory ordering when possible.

Keep us updated and good luck.

Last edited:

Voidoid

Hi Voidoid. According to the production information I can find, it is too late to factory order a 2021. The order bank has closed. But check with your Dealer for the final word.

hey may be able to find an existing 2021 or end of production run 2021 that fits your likes, but I always recommed factory ordering when possible.

Keep us updated and good luck.
bbf - you're correct, I just called the dealer and the order banks are closed for 2021 model year. I am going to visit the dealership on Saturday to test drive a Corsair Reserve that they have on the lot (really just to sit in it, play with the features), then place the order for the 2022 Grand Touring.

So does the Revel system no longer come standard on Reserve/GT? The list above includes it in 66A... I love blasting music and the beefed up system is an absolute must. I will most definitely get the 67C which includes Perfect Position seats. These new groups are different than the current offerings but actually might be better? (Aside from de-coupling the Revel from the base price)

I am really, really excited with everything but the lead time!

Voidoid

I see the 2022 Corsair is being made available on the Lincoln site for “build your own”. It should show pricing and changes in package configurations once the upload is complete (parts are broken as of this writing)
Just configured the 2022. The Elements/Technology bundle is great! It's got everything minus the HUD from the previous Tech package, but includes the Perfect Position seats. They've deleted the standard Revel with a stock stereo that includes a subwoofer, and Revel plus HUD is the Luxury package for $2,200. As mush as I want to crank Sirius XM Fly with the Revel I can probably pass on that. Co-Pilot360 is an additional $2,500 which we will probably choose in order to have the latest safety and adaptive cruise.

Still leaning towards Flight Blue but the Ocean Drive Blue is pretty damned nice...

syl

The Adaptive cruise control is certainly handy to have, and the stock stereo certainly will seem plenty adequate, I expect. It's nothing to get excited about, but let's face it, car stereo systems will always be car stereo systems, no matter how many speakers and/or amplifiers you put into them. I had some great (JBL, aftermarket) speakers in my last car, and I loved them, but it was still car stereo.

Does the interior still have "beyond blue" as an option? I bet that would look great with either of those exterior colours you're considering.

Voidoid

The Adaptive cruise control is certainly handy to have, and the stock stereo certainly will seem plenty adequate, I expect. It's nothing to get excited about, but let's face it, car stereo systems will always be car stereo systems, no matter how many speakers and/or amplifiers you put into them. I had some great (JBL, aftermarket) speakers in my last car, and I loved them, but it was still car stereo.

Does the interior still have "beyond blue" as an option? I bet that would look great with either of those exterior colours you're considering.
Syl, it looks like Beyond Blue got deleted as an interior color for 2022. I liked it when I saw it in person, but ultimately prefer the Ebony.

And I hear you about the car stereo. The only one I've heard that really wowed me was the Bowers & Wilkins in the Volvo - but it's a $3,200 upgrade which is a sh*t-ton of cash to lay down for the stereo.

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Marysville, Ohio
Just configured the 2022. The Elements/Technology bundle is great! It's got everything minus the HUD from the previous Tech package, but includes the Perfect Position seats. They've deleted the standard Revel with a stock stereo that includes a subwoofer, and Revel plus HUD is the Luxury package for $2,200. As mush as I want to crank Sirius XM Fly with the Revel I can probably pass on that. Co-Pilot360 is an additional $2,500 which we will probably choose in order to have the latest safety and adaptive cruise.

Still leaning towards Flight Blue but the Ocean Drive Blue is pretty damned nice...
I just configured one to see what changed. I chose the Elements Package at a cost of $3900 that included the Revel audio system with 14 speakers. The Luxury Package is $2200 and is the HUD and Revel audio system with 14 speakers.

1633537114095.png

This is without the Luxury Package but with the Elements Package.

This is a US configuration. If you are in Canada the packages may be different.

Last edited:

Appreciate the feedback!
I bought my 2021 Corsair Reserve 2.3L T back on May 22, 2021. Due to the 'chip' shortage only two were located in the interior/exterior color and options that I wanted. All black interior/silver exterior, all pkgs expect the perfect position 24 way seats only because I couldn't get ahold of one. I love my Corsair and all it's options. Did I need them, maybe not but I'm a new design, new vehicle, all options person. This is what I enjoy in my life.

Un-decided

I bought my 2021 Corsair Reserve 2.3L T back on May 22, 2021. Due to the 'chip' shortage only two were located in the interior/exterior color and options that I wanted. All black interior/silver exterior, all pkgs expect the perfect position 24 way seats only because I couldn't get ahold of one. I love my Corsair and all it's options. Did I need them, maybe not but I'm a new design, new vehicle, all options person. This is what I enjoy in my life.
I think you did well not getting the 24 way seats. I find them very hard and uncomfortable.

syl

Syl, it looks like Beyond Blue got deleted as an interior color for 2022. ...
That's really too bad. It was tempting to me, but I really wanted the red exterior (and even if beyond blue had been available as an interior with that paint option, it really would have looked awful as a combination, so sandstone was the choice).