TBI gasket...

Sexton66

I am in need if the rubber gasket that secures the air intake plenum to the TBI. My TC is a 94 and it seems a 3 year only design: 92-94. I noticed it was failing about a year ago before I left Florida and have been looking ever since. Dorman doesn't offer it, and it is no longer available from Ford. Salvage yards have been no help either, as if they do have a 25+ year old Lincoln, this is always gone. Appears to be unobtainable. Any ideas? Thank you in advance for any information on locating this insignificant, but necessary item. Even while living in Clearwater, Lincolnland had no source either!

LTC1997

I would start by finding out all of the models that this part was used on.
So then maybe you'd have a better chance of finding it if your choice of cars wasn't so limited to just Town Cars.
Rubber manifolds may have been designed to provide just the right amount of flex so have to be carefully engineered in that case.
I've patched rubber air boots on old motorcycles with Silicone sealer when I had trouble locating such a part. Hopefully yours is in no danger of breaking in half.

Sexton66

I would start by finding out all of the models that this part was used on.
So then maybe you'd have a better chance of finding it if your choice of cars wasn't so limited to just Town Cars.
Rubber manifolds may have been designed to provide just the right amount of flex so have to be carefully engineered in that case.
I've patched rubber air boots on old motorcycles with Silicone sealer when I had trouble locating such a part. Hopefully yours is in no danger of breaking in half.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

HTML