• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Taking a "spring break" vacation (Mar 15th-23rd) to...

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

Captain O

Tijuana BCN. I know the city and have friends that own shops on Avenida Revolucion, so you can save all the warnings/caveats for some poor idiot that doesn't know where they're going or what they're doing.

There are many great shops, museums, restaurants, (Chinese and real seafood are among the best in the Western Hemisphere). Since I don't drink, whore around, or fool with idiot things that will get me arrested/imprisoned. (At the ripe old age of 66, I have outlived the practice of acting the damned fool).

Any inputs?

Corsart

Tijuana BCN. I know the city and have friends that own shops on Avenida Revolucion, so you can save all the warnings/caveats for some poor idiot that doesn't know where they're going or what they're doing.

There are many great shops, museums, restaurants, (Chinese and real seafood are among the best in the Western Hemisphere). Since I don't drink, whore around, or fool with idiot things that will get me arrested/imprisoned. (At the ripe old age of 66, I have outlived the practice of acting the damned fool).

Any inputs?
Make sure you say hello to Ted Cruz for us.

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
Is a political jab a necessary or welcome comment here? Not sure why that poster decided to say that. And, for such a know it all on every other thread, I wonder how he didn't know Cruz went to Cancun, not Tijuana.

Sorry, I don't have anything to add about your trip other than that.

Last edited:

Captain O

Is a political jab a necessary or welcome comment here? Not sure why that poster decided to say that. And, for such a know it all on every other thread, I wonder how he didn't know Cruz went to Cancun, not Tijuana.

Sorry, I don't have anything to ad about your trip other than that.
No problem. In the immortal words of James Taylors' "Mexico", I enjoy getting away from the "stateside games" of the US.
The cheap and famous food (the Hotel Caesar's famous salad originated there in 1924). I can have a large serving for $8.00 USD + propina (tip). These are leaves of Romaine lettuce basted in the proprietary dressing that is hand-mixed at your table, including a giant crouton.
So delicious!

Captain O

I hope you have a great time.
Thank you. People pre-judge the city by what they've heard. While much of what is said has a basis in fact, you can avoid unpleasant problems by avoiding the "unsavory" sections of town. The "Zona Norte" is the home of honky-tonks and legal prostitution. I know where the "Zona" is and carefully walk around it. (I didn't lose anything there, so I'm not missing anything due to a lack of visitation).

I throw firecrackers in the surf, eat open-fire grilled shrimp and Menudo. I stroll down the Playa de Tijuana (Tijuana Beach) boardwalk and take a group taxi to Puerto Nuevo and dine on freshly-caught lobster (and other seafood).

Take my word for it, if you look for good things, you'll find them. I enjoy good, wholesome fun. (What a concept)!

Captain O

In a little more than two weeks, I'll be heading to Denver, cooling my heels from around midnight until 9:00 am then flying on to San Diego where I'll arrive at 11:18 am on March 16th. Six days and seven nights at the Hotel Aqua Rio and all the great food I care to eat!
Beach weather at Playa de Tijuana, lobster at Puerto Nuevo, knick-knacks. gewgaws, and new shoes at bargain prices galore!

What fun!