Synthetic Blend

bbf2530

At what mileage and after how many months should synthetic blend oil be changed ?
thank you

Hi DMonahan. What model/model year vehicle and engine? The recommended oil change interval varies by model year, and in some case (not many) can vary by engine.

On modern Lincoln/Ford vehicles (at least the last 5 years or so), the oil change interval is 1 year/10,000 miles, whichever comes first. And your vehicle will have an "Intelligent Oil Life Monitor" which keeps track of time/miles/driving environment and will illuminate to remind you when it is time to change the oil.
Of course, you are free to change sooner if you wish. Just do not exceed those limits.

If you have an older model year vehicle or wish to verify the information above, the recommended oil change interval is also listed in your Owners Manual, in the Manufacturers Maintenance Schedule.

If you do not have your Owners Manual, you can download the PDF version here: https://www.fleet.ford.com/parts-service/resources/owner-manuals/

Good luck.

Last edited:

DMonahan

Thank you for your reply. I have a 2004 ford taurus with 210,000 miles I use high milage synthetic blend and change the oil every 4 months/4500 miles, which I think is adequate. Any comments ???

bbf2530

Thank you for your reply. I have a 2004 ford taurus with 210,000 miles I use high milage synthetic blend and change the oil every 4 months/4500 miles, which I think is adequate. Any comments ???
Hi DMonahan. My guess is the oil change interval for a 2005 Taurus may have been 6 months/5,000 miles. So your oil change interval should be adequate.

Again however, instead of taking the word of Internet strangers, I would recommend looking in your Owners Manual or the Maintenance Schedule. Either one can be obtained from the Ford website I linked to in my last reply.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Multitask

I would just add, that the older the vehicle gets , the more often you should be doing it... wear and tear stuff... 8)