SYNC3 v3.4.21020

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

afh3

Minnesota
After performing this update on my 2020 Corsair Reserve today, my SiriusXM radio no longer has access to anything except the audio channel features.

All of the Travel Link stuff- traffic, weather, fuel prices, etc. - all report as "Not Available" now. Hours later and much time spent driving around has not changed this. Nor has sending a refresh worked.

Nice.

Anyone else have this version and wish to comment on the state of their SiriusXM Travel Link features?

Encmerk

Havelock, NC
I did learn one great thing about the new sync update… you can now search for a location while driving! I was trying to check the fuel price info and when I clicked on the search button in the nav screen, I was greeted with a warning that asked if I was the passenger. When I answered yes I was given full access to the nav system.

bigblue2007

Boston, MA
After performing this update on my 2020 Corsair Reserve today, my SiriusXM radio no longer has access to anything except the audio channel features.

All of the Travel Link stuff- traffic, weather, fuel prices, etc. - all report as "Not Available" now. Hours later and much time spent driving around has not changed this. Nor has sending a refresh worked.

Nice.

Anyone else have this version and wish to comment on the state of their SiriusXM Travel Link features?
I was told by Lincoln they'd call me back about this. Of course they didn't.

DAG55

Took the car to dealer on Thursday. They said they needed to reprogram. That didnt work. They have been on Ford hotline most of day. Ford said to run test of APIM. Tested okay. Said they checked for loose wire. Thought they had fixed that didt work. They still have car. Really upset that Ford has not provided a solution for a very common issue.

bigblue2007

Boston, MA
Took the car to dealer on Thursday. They said they needed to reprogram. That didnt work. They have been on Ford hotline most of day. Ford said to run test of APIM. Tested okay. Said they checked for loose wire. Thought they had fixed that didt work. They still have car. Really upset that Ford has not provided a solution for a very common issue.
The fix may be to go back to an older build of sync. I’m just guessing. Anyway I’m not surprised at the ineptitude of Ford when it comes to these type of things.

The Sync hotline gave me a list of trouble codes after several days for my sync system and told me to go to the dealer with them. Like the dealer is going to know what to do with them.

I am not going to the dealer. Maybe at some point they admit their is an issue and push an update.

DAG55

The fix may be to go back to an older build of sync. I’m just guessing. Anyway I’m not surprised at the ineptitude of Ford when it comes to these type of things.

The Sync hotline gave me a list of trouble codes after several days for my sync system and told me to go to the dealer with them. Like the dealer is going to know what to do with them.

I am not going to the dealer. Maybe at some point they admit their is an issue and push an update.
They said they tried the roll back to previous version too. And that didn’t work. I stressed if it’s not a hardware problem then it has to be software related. However I think it’s been this way before the update

bigblue2007

Boston, MA
They said they tried the roll back to previous version too. And that didn’t work. I stressed if it’s not a hardware problem then it has to be software related. However I think it’s been this way before the update
Possibly. However they’ll never figure it out.

afh3

Minnesota
I just started my Corsair a few minutes ago and saw a message indicating that I had received a SiriusXM satellite subscription update.

I have been given false hope too many times with this issue, but nonetheless this is what I am seeing now.

Attachments

• 20210522_123305.jpg
    20210522_123305.jpg
    336.8 KB · Views: 7

bigblue2007

Boston, MA
I just started my Corsair a few minutes ago and saw a message indicating that I had received a SiriusXM satellite subscription update.

I have been given false hope too many times with this issue, but nonetheless this is what I am seeing now.
I have it come back several times only to go away. Hopefully this works for you.

afh3

Minnesota
The only reason for my optimism is that the display did in fact indicate there was a SiriusXM subscription update and then subsequently, and coincidentally, the items appeared as available.

In my opinion that is a high causality probability scenario.

I will report back if the situation changes of course.

Macsterguy

Texas
You can let it run it’s course. You will need the TSB procedure I mentioned in an older post in this thread at the dealer to fix your travel link.
I was going to do exactly that, let the download continue (3-days so far). Then call Lincoln and have them bring out a loaner and pick it up. Just like the commercials promise. I wonder how that will go…

Macsterguy

Texas
Yes, replied with:

Thanks, yes, I did reset the infotainment. I then did a master reset of sync 3. I set the vehicle back up again which takes quite a bit of time and things look OK now…

At the suggestion of my Lincoln dealer service writer I have turned off "over the air" updates. He said it simply does not work consistently and that I shouldn't depend on it. Most of the Lincoln vehicles in there are in there for the same reason... Previous updates have been fine but I must agree with him.

I guess I will be using USB sticks like I did on Ford's of my past. Yet another step backwards for Lincoln…

Eric1GT

Thank you forum participants! I now see I have the latest sync version and also the 2.20 maps! I did not initiate this update so I was happy to see it worked automatically. 😎 So far I also do not have any issues.