SYNC3 v3.4.21020

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

afh3

Minnesota
After performing this update on my 2020 Corsair Reserve today, my SiriusXM radio no longer has access to anything except the audio channel features.

All of the Travel Link stuff- traffic, weather, fuel prices, etc. - all report as "Not Available" now. Hours later and much time spent driving around has not changed this. Nor has sending a refresh worked.

Nice.

Anyone else have this version and wish to comment on the state of their SiriusXM Travel Link features?

DAG55

I have a 2021 Aviator did the update 5/6. And never got back Travel Link. Even called Sirius for refresh. That did not work. Lincoln said I should take to dealer

afh3

Minnesota
I have a 2021 Aviator did the update 5/6. And never got back Travel Link. Even called Sirius for refresh. That did not work. Lincoln said I should take to dealer
Mine has now failed again as well, as of yesterday.

It still showed they were all subscribed just a couple days ago, and now they are all the dreaded red "Not Available" again.

SiriusXM said the dealer would have to look at mine also, so I scheduled service for it.

Of course, they said they were all green when they got it on Friday

Drove it for over 30 minutes yesterday and still all red - except for the audio service.

Frustrating.

afh3

Minnesota
FYI.

Searched and found dozens of instances of broken Travel Link functionality in the Ranger/F150/Explorer/Escape communities - all reported after updating to 21020.

Seems like there won't be much we can do about this until Ford sends out fixes OTA.

DAG55

FYI.

Searched and found dozens of instances of broken Travel Link functionality in the Ranger/F150/Explorer/Escape communities - all reported after updating to 21020.

Seems like there won't be much we can do about this until Ford sends out fixes OTA.
I know I saw them too. Frustrating as well. I gave up a 2018 Explorer that worked fine. Taking mine in next Thursday so we will see. I am really going to think about doing updates till I see all the bugs are worked out

afh3

Minnesota
I know I saw them too. Frustrating as well. I gave up a 2018 Explorer that worked fine. Taking mine in next Thursday so we will see. I am really going to think about doing updates till I see all the bugs are worked out
From what I am piecing together from various Ford forums, the current suspicion is that until all of the subsequent OTA downloads (those triggered by updating SYNC to 21020) complete - and there are a LOT of them - the functions on the SYNC system, and apparently SiriusXM, are being compromised.

Mine has already downloaded roughly 13 new "4U5T-14G421-C**" files - where ** has so far ranged up to AJ and now appears to be starting to download BD - with no end in sight.

I'm going to remain hopeful that upon completion it all just works.

bigblue2007

Boston, MA
It is happening to my Corsiar as well. Seems like each update causes more issues. I may not download anymore after this is fixed (or if this is fixed).

Last edited:

afh3

Minnesota
According to my vehicle's SYNC software update menu, there are now no additional updates pending after the massive download-fest that was precipitated by the 21020 update.

It took DAYS.

Sadly, SiriusXM Travel Link is still MIA.

Even the two non-audio features shown as "Subscribed" are non-functional.

Oh, well.

Attachments

• 16208586504717323971173090303562.jpg
    16208586504717323971173090303562.jpg
    296 KB · Views: 3
  • 16208588118933039746296945984434.jpg
    16208588118933039746296945984434.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 3

bigblue2007

Boston, MA
My update just finished after several days. My Sirius Travel Link is also missing. I opened a ticket with Lincoln. They are going to call me in a couple of days. Some of the people on the Sync team are aware of this issues and some are not. I will keep you posted.

DAG55

From what I am piecing together from various Ford forums, the current suspicion is that until all of the subsequent OTA downloads (those triggered by updating SYNC to 21020) complete - and there are a LOT of them - the functions on the SYNC system, and apparently SiriusXM, are being compromised.

Mine has already downloaded roughly 13 new "4U5T-14G421-C**" files - where ** has so far ranged up to AJ and now appears to be starting to download BD - with no end in sight.

I'm going to remain hopeful that upon completion it all just works.
I got mine to work so far by doing master reset. But first I turned off wi fi and OTA and left it off. I am taking car out today so we will see if it holds. The drawback to this is it sets everything to factory settings. Meaning phone radio presets etc have to be reinstalled. I checked my wife's 2019 Escape and OTA never was turned on and everything is working fine and has been for two years.

bigblue2007

Boston, MA
I got mine to work so far by doing master reset. But first I turned off wi fi and OTA and left it off. I am taking car out today so we will see if it holds. The drawback to this is it sets everything to factory settings. Meaning phone radio presets etc have to be reinstalled. I checked my wife's 2019 Escape and OTA never was turned on and everything is working fine and has been for two years.
I did the master reset. It works for a little bit then after a little while it goes back to not working.

bigblue2007

Boston, MA
I have Lincoln sync support looking at it. They’re supposed to call me at some point with their findings. Let me know what the dealer comes up with.