• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

SYNC3 software update question

Sagar810

Boulder, COLORADO
I did upgrade my SYNC 3 some time back to include apple carplay/Android auto (maybe ver3.0) and I did follow all the procedures to report it on my owners account but its still showing my last update was 2017. I did update this in August 2018 to Ver 3.0. At this point, I am not sure how to correct this on the website (SYNC Software Download).

Am I missing new updates from SYNC. Anyone have any experience with this or know how to correct this. The dealership charges 150 dollars for a sync update which is basically something that can be done at home!

RedGeminiPA

Altoona, PA
You can check the build number of the update through the head unit, and compare it to what’s online for download.

vinaygoel2000

Houston
So I updated the software and everything went fine. But I cannot confirm the update on the website. It would not accept the XML file. Keeps saying the XML file should have my VIN number on it, which it does.

HTML