Sync V.3.4 Build 21265 Now Available

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Jan 24, 2020
Burr Ridge, IL
Maybe @biosolid will clarify, but why would anyone try to turn that on when the seat is not occupied unless someone is that thorough in seeing that all items function properly after a Sync update?

peterk9

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Mar 29, 2014
Russell, Ontario, CANADA
My Lincoln
2020 Aviator Reserve
I think you 'hit the nail on the head', so to speak. It seems these updates may be spreading a form of paranoia. :eek:

Peter

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Jan 24, 2020
Burr Ridge, IL
I think you 'hit the nail on the head', so to speak. It seems these updates may be spreading a form of paranoia. :eek:

Peter
Lol, you may be right. We need a Sync post-update functional test checklist.

Alviator

Apr 14, 2021

Peter
Thanks everyone also didn't realize the seat had to be occupied.

biosolid

Aug 19, 2021
Was anyone sitting in the passenger seat when you tried it? If it is the same as mine, the Massage feature will not activate if the seat is unoccupied.

Peter
nope.. I did not know that.. glad to know it.. let me try it how it works then,, cheers!

Vicrey

Jul 11, 2021
Metro Detroit, MI
My Lincoln
2021 Aviator GT 302A
My experience was a painless 12-minute install via USB with vehicle ignition started while plugged in. Confirmed temp now showing when changing the setting, SXM still responsive, CarPlay doesn't blackout the infotainment screen, Auto Update turned off for good(!). Now, I'm afraid when I bring it to the dealer on Tuesday for the back-up camera blue screen recall, that they'd break something (I'm guessing they'll do a master reset). Good luck on your 21265 install everyone!

peterk9

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Mar 29, 2014
Russell, Ontario, CANADA
My Lincoln
2020 Aviator Reserve
I have noticed that I can now no longer use voice control to set the temperature. This is something I always used. When I try it now, it comes back and tells me to use the temperature buttons/switches. A step back in my opinion for discouraging distracted driving.

Peter

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Jan 24, 2020
Burr Ridge, IL
I have noticed that I can now no longer use voice control to set the temperature. This is something I always used. When I try it now, it comes back and tells me to use the temperature buttons/switches. A step back in my opinion for discouraging distracted driving.

Peter
Yeah, as I said over on another thread, this is a very odd change, if intentional. So much for touting voice commands for safety.

silverydragon72

Jun 25, 2021
San Jose, CA
Is loss of voice control for temperature the only issue so far? Still waiting to upgrade mine until some more people test it and report back any issues.

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Jan 24, 2020
Burr Ridge, IL
Is loss of voice control for temperature the only issue so far? Still waiting to upgrade mine until some more people test it and report back any issues.
That is the only issue I have read about so far. That would be fine for me as I never adjust the temperature that way. I just wonder if other voice commands are lost.

Saying that, the software engineers are suspect, so it would not surprise me that in order to fix one issue they had to take another handy feature away.

silverydragon72

Jun 25, 2021
San Jose, CA
That is the only issue I have read about so far. That would be fine for me as I never adjust the temperature that way. I just wonder if other voice commands are lost.

Saying that, the software engineers are suspect, so it would not surprise me that in order to fix one issue they had to take another handy feature away.
I agree there and for me that is not a great loss since I don't use it. Ill probably upgrade mine in a few days then. I am still running on an older version prior to the temp display issue.

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Jan 24, 2020
Burr Ridge, IL
I agree there and for me that is not a great loss since I don't use it. Ill probably upgrade mine in a few days then. I am still running on an older version prior to the temp display issue.
Like I said, if that voice command went away, I wonder what others were lost.

peterk9

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Mar 29, 2014
Russell, Ontario, CANADA
My Lincoln
2020 Aviator Reserve
I haven't tried navigation using voice commands since the update although I did from the screen as I was using a previously used route that was already in memory. Might give it a shot today.
BTW, the engineer on the 6th gen Explorer/Aviator forum explained to me how to use Sync to report the problem to Ford and I'll try that as well.

Peter

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Jan 24, 2020
Burr Ridge, IL
I haven't tried navigation using voice commands since the update although I did from the screen as I was using a previously used route that was already in memory. Might give it a shot today.
BTW, the engineer on the 6th gen Explorer/Aviator forum explained to me how to use Sync to report the problem to Ford and I'll try that as well.

Peter
Thanks, that would be great if you can let us know. Also interesting that you can report via Sync. I assume that happens when you are connected to a very strong wifi that is also suspect for doing Sync updates in the first place.

You may have detected that I don't have faith in these engineers.

WKDANI

Dec 14, 2020
I updated my 2021 Aviator to the latest software and when I try to use voice command to set the cabin temp it tells me to use the buttons. I never tried voice command for temp before the update.

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Jan 24, 2020
Burr Ridge, IL
Sounds like that goofy "fix" is confirmed. Wow, how odd.