Sync V.3.4 Build 21265 Now Available

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

Kauffman1974

Just checked the Sync 3 update site and there is now an update out. V.3.4.21265. I haven’t had a chance to check it out yet for my 2021 Aviator but took my 2020 Navigator in for another issue and the dealer said there was an update so they will do that for the Navigator, hopefully that fixes the temp display issue. They also said it should help fix and lag issues with the system. We shall see.

rjabend

I'm waiting at least 2 weeks to read what gets screwed up next before I decide to do an update. Missing temp display os easy top live without vs. whatever the next flaw is.
You are definitely smarter than I! I just downloaded 21265 and I am not optimistic.

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
You are definitely smarter than I! I just downloaded 21265 and I am not optimistic.
Well, it has taken me several updates to reach this conclusion, so I'm not that smart lol.

I look forward to hopefully reading that you have no issues. Did it fix the temp display?

Last edited:

Kauffman1974

I'm waiting at least 2 weeks to read what gets screwed up next before I decide to do an update. Missing temp display os easy top live without vs. whatever the next flaw is.
I won’t be able to try the update on my Aviator for a few days but will have the Navigator back either today or tomorrow so will see if there are any new issues!

Kauffman1974

My 11/08 build Aviator has the 21194 Sync build.
That version was the last update that I did to my 2021 Aviator and 2020 Navigator which started this whole temp gauge mess for me.

peterk9

SUPPORTING MEMBER
The above version/build is now available. Reports say it corrects the temperature display.
Will ask the administrator to move the other posts about this version in another thread over to this one.

Peter

peterk9

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Did you use a USB or WiFi? Just wondering how long it took. Thanks.
I just put it on aa USB drive and if the update hasn't been done via WiFi by Thursday I'll load the drive into the vehicle as I have a 30 minute drive into the city that evening.

Peter

Last edited:

Kauffman1974

I just put it on aa USB drive and if the update hasn't been done via WiFi by Thursday I'll load the drive into the vehicle as I have a 30 minute drive into the city that evening.

Peter
I used the USB drive for the last update, much quicker that way.

rjabend

Peter
Took about 15 minutes via USB.

Lexxicat

Florida/Maine
I’m trading my 2020 next week. I’ll try and let you know. My new one has 21194, so I’ll know if I should download to or not. 😂😂

Go to help.Lincoln.com. Enter your VIN; from there it will give you the options to load it. I’d say connect your car to your home wifi and download it that way. Or have the dealer do it.

bbf2530

How does one go about downloading it? I don’t have a PC. Thanks!
Hi harley. Since you do not have a computer at home, is it safe to assume you also do not have a WiFi network at home either?

If not, do you have a family member/friend/neighbor who has a computer and will help you follow the instructions to download the update and load it onto the USB flash drive?
That is the hard part. Once you have it downloaded and on a USB flash drive, installation is only a matter of plugging the USB flash drive into your vehicle and keeping the engine running until the installation completes (plan a nice drive).
Installation times can vary...from 10-15 minutes to ~1 hour, depending on the size of the update.

If you do have a home WiFi network and your vehicle can connect to it with a strong signal, then enable Automatic/WiFi updates in your SYNC settings and let it download via WiFi (as 500 stated).
Just be aware that your vehicle can only download updates while the engine is running and the vehicle is connected to a strong WiFi network signal, and for up to 30 minutes after the vehicle ignition is turned off.
So for most owners, that means WiFi updates will only download once we pull into our driveway/garage, then the vehicle connects to our WiFi network, then for up to 30 minutes after the vehicle ignition is turned off. Because of that, WiFi updates do take some time.

As 500 also mentioned, the other option is to ask your Dealer Service Department to install the update next time you have it in for service. However, be aware that some Dealers do charge for this. So you may want to ask first.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Last edited: