Sync Infotainment swaps?

hytekjunky

Hey everyone! New to the forum here and proud purchaser of a spankin used, wrecked 😭 2012 MKS that I will be fixing and putting back on the road for my mom and dad. I have a few questions about the sync entertainment systems and I'm sure it's the same systems as the MKZ (and maybe others as well), that someone here may have some experience with already.

So the MKS I purchased has the basic sync system with no infotainment/monitor screen and I want to change that for the purposes of having the OEM backup camera and of course, the rest of the navigation system. Does anyone know what other parts and pieces I will need in addition to the screen itself and the trunk mounted camera? Also, I am assuming that the wiring harnesses are already in place for a plug and play. Does anyone know if this is a true statement?

Thanks in advance for any info you may have.

Administrator

Lincoln Fanatic
Staff member
Hey everyone! New to the forum here and proud purchaser of a spankin used, wrecked 😭 2012 MKS that I will be fixing and putting back on the road for my mom and dad. I have a few questions about the sync entertainment systems and I'm sure it's the same systems as the MKZ (and maybe others as well), that someone here may have some experience with already.

So the MKS I purchased has the basic sync system with no infotainment/monitor screen and I want to change that for the purposes of having the OEM backup camera and of course, the rest of the navigation system. Does anyone know what other parts and pieces I will need in addition to the screen itself and the trunk mounted camera? Also, I am assuming that the wiring harnesses are already in place for a plug and play. Does anyone know if this is a true statement?

Thanks in advance for any info you may have.
Welcome aboard! And thank you for signing up. I moved this to the MKS section so people in this area notice it...

HTML