Sync 4 2021 aviator

JWS

If the 2021 aviator doesn't have sync 4, would you wait until 2022?
Yes. I have Sync3 in my F-150 Limited. There's a world of difference between 3 & 4.
I will not purchase the Aviator without Sync4.

centex

what is the difference. I have a limited F150 18, wouldnt know if have sync 1,2 3........ Dont use any of the
Sync, if do not aware

TronicJon

I wonder when we’ll get confirmation if 2022 Aviator will have Sync 4 or not. (Or even 2021 mid refresh)

wheeling

I doubt it will be a mid year refresh. Lincoln probably will see how people react to the Nautilus with 13" plus screen and Sync 4. We may got it in 2022 MY if we are lucky!

wheeling

There is hope my friend. The 2021 Aviator Chinese Edition already have Sync 4 with 12.8" display. They also moved the start button to the row of the piano keys for shift and moved the wireless charging out of the storage and next to the cup holder. These changes are similar to Nautilus and are very nice, and should be an indication what to come to the states, hopefully next year. src=http___qqpublic.qpic.cn_qq_public_0_0-1769492878-ACB326F68C0BCE345AC24BBAA4494670_0_fmt=jp...jpg 2021 aviator Chinese version.JPG

TronicJon

Wow that’s very interesting. Good info & pix. Based on that Sync 4 seems more promising for 2022. (Or maybe even 2021 mid year refresh)

It seems to be the new normal that cutting edge Ford technology is launched over seas before it hits the USA market. I remember being disappointed when first Ford Explorer Plug-in-Hybrid was launched in Europe and not available in the USA. The silver lining was, researching it online lead me to learn about the wonderful world of the Aviator. (which I didn’t even know about before)

TronicJon

I let my sales rep at my Lincoln dealer know about the Aviator in China coming with Sync 4. I provided photos and links to this thread. Here's the first response I got so far. (I don't think they know, or maybe they are just trying to get me to buy the 2021 with Sync 3)

"We are trying to find out when Sync 4 may be available for the Aviator. The vehicles that are getting the upgrade are the ones getting a body change or interior change. For Aviator it might be 22 or 2023. Will keep you posted "

coolerbythelake

Milwaukee, WI
Not to be the naysayer here but I really wouldn’t put much stock into what the dealer tells you; Lincoln isn’t going to tell them their future plans and timing. They’re just not. You’re better off trying to find websites showing spy shots and upcoming vehicles out testing.

If you’ll be using Sync and not CarPlay or Android Auto and you worry that 3.4 won’t be good enough for your needs then don’t get an Aviator. If this is a vehicle you’re going to keep for a while then be sure you’re happy with it as it currently is. Buyers remorse sucks. It’s either going to be 2022 or 2023. If I were to bet it’s going to be the latter since the Navigator is getting refreshed for 2022. I could of course be wrong but only time will tell.

You know what you could do? If you have to have it now and are open to a lease, get one now and then swap the lease to someone else when the Aviator’s refreshed.

TronicJon

I’m an iPhone user so the new Sync 4 multitasking while using CarPlay on one side while accessing vehicle stuff on the right at the same time is a must have feature for me. (Among other new things I’m seeing)

I’m driving a 2015 Ford Explorer Sport (twin turbo) currently so waiting won’t be all that painful. I’ll be comfy enough in that a bit longer. I actually used 4dtech.com to upgrade my Explorer’s Sync 2 to Sync 3 a few years ago.

coolerbythelake

Milwaukee, WI
I’m an iPhone user so the new Sync 4 multitasking while using CarPlay on one side while accessing vehicle stuff on the right at the same time is a must have feature for me. (Among other new things I’m seeing)

I’m driving a 2015 Ford Explorer Sport (twin turbo) currently so waiting won’t be all that painful. I’ll be comfy enough in that a bit longer. I actually used 4dtech.com to upgrade my Explorer’s Sync 2 to Sync 3 a few years ago.

Yeah I can appreciate that point. There are times I feel it’d be much easier if Lincoln had a physical home button to quickly get back into Sync from CarPlay without having to scroll for the Sync icon in CarPlay. Sync 3.4 is otherwise okay for my needs. It’s the instrument cluster screen/graphics I’d love to see upgraded. I’m really interested to see what they do in this department on the ‘22 Navi.

I remember hearing about people upgrading from Sync 2 to 3 back then but the hardware could handle it. Sync 4 is a different beast and I highly doubt the current hardware will physically operate it and do it well.

TronicJon

My aftermarket Sync 2 to Sync 3 was a complete hardware upgrade replacement. (Screen, electronic guts and all). It was basically a complete set of new sync 3 replacement parts from a newer 2016 Explorer and all the wires in my 2015 to attach the new system happen to be the same. I was happy every function worked 100% after the update.

I’m certain we won’t see this type of aftermarket upgrade option for Sync 4