Sync 3 vs 3.4

readygriffy

I see websites offer information for upgrading Sync 3.0 to Sync 3.4. It looks like it involves two jump drives, and a bit of risk. Im trying to upgrade the software on my 2019 Navigator, but am worried about a couple things... If I do it, it could fudge up my whole system if I miss a step, and second, I don't want it to be the baby blue interface of the Ford systems.

Anyone have any luck with these downloads working to upgrade to 3.4?

bbf2530

I see websites offer information for upgrading Sync 3.0 to Sync 3.4. It looks like it involves two jump drives, and a bit of risk. Im trying to upgrade the software on my 2019 Navigator, but am worried about a couple things... If I do it, it could fudge up my whole system if I miss a step, and second, I don't want it to be the baby blue interface of the Ford systems.

Anyone have any luck with these downloads working to upgrade to 3.4?
Hi readygriffy. I looked into it myself, but decided against it for several reasons.

From all I have read, it is not all that hard to do. However...Although some people will say they performed the modification and it works fine, when you read closer, you find that there is almost always one function or another that no longer operates correctly. But they will say "I don't use that anyway". So go in with the assumption something will not work, and hope it is not something you use. I have also read of people performing the modification and winding up with their SYNC system speaking German, Dutch, French etc. :ROFLMAO:

Also, keep in mind that performing a modification like this can/will endanger your 4 year/50,000 mile bumper to Bumper Warranty coverage for anything SYNC, audio system, climate control system and possible electronically related. Essentially, assume you are taking on the risk of losing coverage for anything even remotely SYNC related. The same for any LincolnProtect ESP or any other warranty you may have that covers SYNC and your other electronics.

Not trying to talk you out of it, simply providing the information I have found. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

readygriffy

Hi readygriffy. I looked into it myself, but decided against it for several reasons.

From all I have read, it is not all that hard to do. However...Although some people will say they performed the modification and it works fine, when you read closer, you find that there is almost always one function or another that no longer operates correctly. But they will say "I don't use that anyway". So go in with the assumption something will not work, and hope it is not something you use. I have also read of people performing the modification and winding up with their SYNC system speaking German, Dutch, French etc. :ROFLMAO:

Also, keep in mind that performing a modification like this can/will endanger your 4 year/50,000 mile bumper to Bumper Warranty coverage for anything SYNC, audio system, climate control system and possible electronically related. Essentially, assume you are taking on the risk of losing coverage for anything even remotely SYNC related. The same for any LincolnProtect ESP or any other warranty you may have that covers SYNC and your other electronics.

Not trying to talk you out of it, simply providing the information I have found. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
I appreciate that perspective more than you know. There was a little voice inside saying the same thing. If the damn buttons to turn things on and off didn't change shadow and instead had an indicator light, I wouldn't have even thought of it in the first place. Thanks bff2530

HTML