SYNC 3 Update

depth10

I took my Navigator to my dealer and asked them to update my SYNC 3 to latest version. They told me they've had a lot of problems and that "the SYNC server has been down a lot" so they ended up giving my 2018 Navigator Reserve back to me.

I've read a lot about updating it manually, but wanted know if anyone has successfully updated? I can login to Lincoln Support and download the software. Anything I should be aware of?

Thanks

G-595259

Strangely enough, when I login to my Lincoln support and click Sync Software Upgrade it says I have the latest and doesn’t allow me to download anything. When I go to Version info on the display it says SYNC 3 but it doesn’t give a version #.

depth10

Strangely enough, when I login to my Lincoln support and click Sync Software Upgrade it says I have the latest and doesn’t allow me to download anything. When I go to Version info on the display it says SYNC 3 but it doesn’t give a version #.

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL

bbf2530

Hi depth10. If the Lincoln Owners website states there is no available SYNC update for your 2018 Navigator, then you can assume there is not one available at this time.

On the "About SYNC" page on your Navigator's SYNC screen, there should be a Build number listed for your SYNC version.
It will show, "Build XXXXX_PRODUCT" (the X's representing your Build#). Check again.

Also, keep in mind that SYNC updates are not regular things, like Microsoft Windows or iOS updates. I have had my 2018 MKZ since 6/18 and there have only been two SYNC 3 updates.

If you find you have an available update, post back and I will copy and paste a how-to I wrote for another forum, which lays out my SYNC 3 update experiences, along with what to expect and avoid.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Last edited:

HTML