Sync 3 update available?

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

bbf2530

BBF I have downloaded the sync 3 update opened it with unarchiver moved files to the usb the folder had 6 files I have a 2016 lincoln MKX with 3.0 version, plugged in the usb got message to update hit yes and got an LST ERR05 message said download files again and retry I did but get same message, am I missing a step here.

Hi milcol. Not sure what the issue is. However, I have seen some owners complain of issues with downloading and unzipping via Mac.

So my recommendation would be to use a PC, and try following the instructions for downloading and unzipping the files using a PC instead of your Mac. It has worked for others.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

bbf2530

I had issues on my Mac, but it was because my USB drive was USB 2.0. I bought a USB 3.0 and had no issues after that. So, it was the USB, not the computer.

Hi BL. I did recall yours was cleared up by getting a new USB 3 drive. However, other owners have had issues downloading and installing via Mac but were able to download and install via PC.

And I have seen other owners who had the opposite problem as you: A USB 3 drive would not work, but switching to a USB 2 drive solved the issue.

So sometimes it all comes down to...Who knows? ;)

But all ideas are good ones that may help the OP.

milcol

thanks for reply I have a 3.0 flash drive sandisk this is what the download looks like from my MAC. I think the first two files are wrong keep getting the LST ERR05 message

Attachments

• 518D779A-82E0-44C5-BA8F-6EF4CC04E539.jpeg
    518D779A-82E0-44C5-BA8F-6EF4CC04E539.jpeg
    503.4 KB · Views: 5

milcol

I had issues on my Mac, but it was because my USB drive was USB 2.0. I bought a USB 3.0 and had no issues after that. So, it was the USB, not the computer.
OK downloaded file again extracted from zip file and put on usb put it in my lincoln mix screen said updating system software, after about 10 minutes screen said system updated remove usb drive ,reboot will start next time you start engine, did some shopping came back and started engine still have the same sync 3 how long does it usually take to update.

bbf2530

OK downloaded file again extracted from zip file and put on usb put it in my lincoln mix screen said updating system software, after about 10 minutes screen said system updated remove usb drive ,reboot will start next time you start engine, did some shopping came back and started engine still have the same sync 3 how long does it usually take to update.

Hi milcol. It sometimes can take a second or third restart.

However, several things: First...while it is too late now, how long did you wait after receiving the "system updated remove usb drive ,reboot will start next time you start engine" message, before you removed the USB drive?
Many/most owners (including myself) have received premature "System is updated"..." messages. It is always best to wait at least 10 minutes after receiving the "System has updated' message before removing the USB drive.
If you leave the USB plugged in, you will usually see the system reboot and continue for some time. Then you will recieve anoher "Synstem update is complete" notification. Then wait at least 10 minutes again, to be sure it is not a false notification. Do this until the message remains on your screen for at least 10 minutes, to be sure the installation is complete.

If your SYNC version does not update after several restarts, you will need to perform the installation again. This time, wait at least 10 minutes after any "System update is complete..." messages, before you remove the USB.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Paul461

Tampa, FL
I updated to Sync 3.4 Build 20282 and Map NA 1 19 in my 2019 Nautilus. I liked the Sync update part, although the horn still honks twice with the car running, rather crude for a "Luxury" car. The voice part of the navigation no longer works. Such an improvement.
After another visit to the dealer they replaced the battery and the navigation head. Seems to be working now.

Thielios

Just checking in. Anybody on here upgraded a 2019 Navigator to a new version of sync?

bbf2530

Just checking in. Anybody on here upgraded a 2019 Navigator to a new version of sync?

Hi Thielios. There have been updates to SYNC since the 2019 model year, and others have updated to the never versions. If you do a site search, there are several threads discussing updates.

Do you have any specific questions/concerns?

Good luck.

Thielios

Thanks for responding bbf! I should have been more clear with my question. Has anyone out there received an official update from Lincoln for a 2019? When I check the Lincoln Sync update site I receive this message. Your SYNC system (SYNC3 v3.0.17302) is up to date.

Was wondering if anyone had received the update from the site on a 2019 Reserve Navigator?

bbf2530

Thanks for responding bbf! I should have been more clear with my question. Has anyone out there received an official update from Lincoln for a 2019? When I check the Lincoln Sync update site I receive this message. Your SYNC system (SYNC3 v3.0.17302) is up to date.

Was wondering if anyone had received the update from the site on a 2019 Reserve Navigator?

Hi Thielios. Understood. :)

If another member has a later update version for a 2019 Navigator, I am sure they will jump in with a response.

In the meantime, just as an FYI:. If the Lincoln SYNC update website lists a vehicle SYNC system as being up to date, with no available/newer updates version for a particular vehicle VIN, then it should be up to date.
However...I state "should be", instead of "always", because life likes to remind us that there are "always" exceptions mixed in to ruin our day. ;)

Therefore, you may want to call Lincoln Concierge or SYNC Customer/Tech Support and ask them.
My 2018 MKZ currently has "SYNCv3.0.20204". So it does seem unusual that your 2019 Navigator does not have a SYNC version available of at least "SYNC v3.0.18xxx" or "SYNC v3.0.19xxx". If not even SYNC v3.0.20xxx".
Alternately, if your Navigator is still within the 4 year/50,000 mile New Vehicle Warranty, you can have your Dealer's Service Department check your SYNC system next time you have it in for service (and update if available).

Just for reference sake, my 2018 MKZ that I mentioned above came from the factory with "SYNCv3.0.17276". I later updated it to "SYNCv3.0.18093". Then "SYNCv3.0.19205". Then finally "SYNCv3.0.20204" as mentioned above, sometime late last year (if I recall correctly). All via USB myself.

So it does seem unusual you are still on "SYNC3 v3.0.17302".

Keep us updated and good luck.

Last edited:

Thielios

Hi Thielios. Understood. :)

If another member has a later update version for a 2019 Navigator, I am sure they will jump in with a response.

In the meantime, just as an FYI:. If the Lincoln SYNC update website lists a vehicle SYNC system as being up to date, with no available/newer updates version for a particular vehicle VIN, then it should be up to date.
However...I state "should be", instead of "always", because life likes to remind us that there are "always" exceptions mixed in to ruin our day. ;)

Therefore, you may want to call Lincoln Concierge or SYNC Customer/Tech Support and ask them.
My 2018 MKZ currently has "SYNCv3.0.20204". So it does seem unusual that your 2019 Navigator does not have a SYNC version available of at least "SYNC v3.0.18xxx" or "SYNC v3.0.19xxx". If not even SYNC v3.0.20xxx".
Alternately, if your Navigator is still within the 4 year/50,000 mile New Vehicle Warranty, you can have your Dealer's Service Department check your SYNC system next time you have it in for service (and update if available).

Just for reference sake, my 2018 MKZ that I mentioned above came from the factory with "SYNCv3.0.17276". I later updated it to "SYNCv3.0.18093". Then "SYNCv3.0.19205". Then finally "SYNCv3.0.20204" as mentioned above, sometime late last year (if I recall correctly). All via USB myself.

So it does seem unusual you are still on "SYNC3 v3.0.17302".

Keep us updated and good luck.
Thanks My Friend! That was a very informative post. Hit all the points I was looking for. I know how it goes, the system could be mistaken. It has been before, as when I used to login to the lincoln website it would always tell me I had the Long version of the vehicle when I just had the regular.

I'm very Tech Savvy, own a ForScan OBDII device and don't mind tinkering!

That being said is there anyone out there with a 2019 Navigator that has a more updated version than sync v3.0.17276? I can take it to the local dealership but they don't seem to have answers to these type of questions. Worth a try and will update the forum when I hear from them.

Cold_one

Manitoba
I put in my VIN for my 18 Navigator and I’m eligible for a “complimentary“ map AND sync 3 update. this is new as I checked a couple of weeks ago and it was up to date with the 17302 version.

i say complimentary as it recommends buying a USB drive with the maps for $40. think I’ll go to my dealer and see if they have one I can borrow. The sync 3 update is available to download. I don’t know if i feel like figuring it out how to do that with my Mac or have my daughter Do it on her PC with higher download speed.

Thielios

I put in my VIN for my 18 Navigator and I’m eligible for a “complimentary“ map AND sync 3 update. this is new as I checked a couple of weeks ago and it was up to date with the 17302 version.

i say complimentary as it recommends buying a USB drive with the maps for $40. think I’ll go to my dealer and see if they have one I can borrow. The sync 3 update is available to download. I don’t know if i feel like figuring it out how to do that with my Mac or have my daughter Do it on her PC with higher download speed.
The updates werent too bad to do. I did the map update as that was available for me. took about 30 mins. Really comes down to the format of the drive. That is the biggest hurdle IMO.

Any '19s out there updated?

Cold_one

Manitoba
The updates werent too bad to do. I did the map update as that was available for me. took about 30 mins. Really comes down to the format of the drive. That is the biggest hurdle IMO.
the map update doesn’t permit me to download - only to buy the USB drive😕

what type of drive did you use and format?

Torquer

I am the one who started this thread back in January and have a 2019 Navigator. I just checked the website now, and it still says I am up to date with the v3.0.17302 that is currently installed.

It seems very strange that older and newer models got updates, but the 2019 Navigator has not. Has anyone talked to the Concierge or dealer abut this specifically?

Thielios

I've spoken with the lincoln concierge and they told me that if the website says it is up to date, then it is. Not too confident in that answer. I did go to cars.com and look at a bunch of other 2019 navigators VIN and entered it into the sync update website. None, however, were further along than us. I'm assuming lincoln just decided not to update it for some reason.