sync 3 / over the air update: SYNC3 v3.4.21020 stalled

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

Macsterguy

Texas
For two days now my wife's L Corsair has been in the garage (with 100% great wifi) showing about 50% progress downloading of v. SYNC3 v3.4.21020... It appears this "automatic" update has stalled or failed. this should take less then a hour - right?

There is a lot of talk of the same issues on the ford forums about this same sync 3 update version. Ford and/or Lincoln is just so bad at this kind of thing in my experience over the years. I am simply not going backwards to formatting usb thumb drives again on another ford vehicle... You may want to consider turning off auto wifi over the air updates. Is anyone else seeing this?

IMG_1071.jpeg

Last edited:

Encmerk

Havelock, NC
I had same issue. Resorted to the usb stick. You may as well hold off on finishing that update since it has known issues with the additional xm radio services. My wife’s Corsair has also experienced problems with xm working from time to time as well after the update.

Macsterguy

Texas
I had same issue. Resorted to the usb stick. You may as well hold off on finishing that update since it has known issues with the additional xm radio services. My wife’s Corsair has also experienced problems with xm working from time to time as well after the update.
To hold off, the only thing I can think to do would be turn off auto update and shut down the Wi-Fi?

bbf2530

To hold off, the only thing I can think to do would be turn off auto update and shut down the Wi-Fi?

Hi Macsteguy. You can do either or both. Turn off Automatic Updates and/or disconnect from your home WiFi.

JB IN AZ

I have not yet connected my '21 Corsair to my home wi-fi. Everything works as it should, I think! What benefit is there in updating the software if others are finding issues? Is there a list of changes/improvements provided in the update anywhere? Maybe I already have the latest? I will have to check.

On another brand's forum, I have read where people with the latest software that came pre-installed from the factory don't always seem to have the issues those who updated OTA are experiencing.

Macsterguy

Texas
Wow, this is getting bad All over.

I am not able to turn off auto over the air updates. It just stays on...

Lincoln (and Ford) is at a loss on this. These car companies are not software companies and need to stop until they are able to do these things… I wonder when the car will just stop running…

Look at this on another stinkin (I mean Lincoln) forum (TONS more on Ford forums):

3-days and counting… These first world problems are a b**ch - hahaha

Attachments

• 57AD7F8E-C7B8-408D-BF17-D893ABDCE8B0.jpeg
    57AD7F8E-C7B8-408D-BF17-D893ABDCE8B0.jpeg
    358.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Macsterguy

Texas
I would try a reset of the infotainment system. The procedure is described in another thread: touch screen black
Thanks, yes, I did reset the infotainment. I then did a master reset of sync 3. I set the vehicle back up again which takes quite a bit of time and things look OK now…

At the suggestion of my Lincoln dealer service writer I have turned off "over the air" updates. He said it simply does not work consistently and that I shouldn't depend on it. Most of the Lincoln vehicles in there are in there for the same reason... Previous updates have been fine but I must agree with him.

I guess I will be using USB sticks like I did on Ford's of my past. Yet another step backwards for Lincoln…